Thread: Replacing Unique Buttons

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Replacing Unique Buttons

I was almost to work this morning when I notice that one of the buttons on my Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Blazer had fallen off, probably gone for good. They aren't the typical brass buttons though, but are ones similar to this:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Madiso...efault,pd.html

I sent Brooks Brothers a message just to see if they can do anything, but short of scouring Ebay, is there anywhere else I should look? Any other options I have?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    662 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaitreTea View Post
    I was almost to work this morning when I notice that one of the buttons on my Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Blazer had fallen off, probably gone for good. They aren't the typical brass buttons though, but are ones similar to this:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Madiso...efault,pd.html

I sent Brooks Brothers a message just to see if they can do anything, but short of scouring Ebay, is there anywhere else I should look? Any other options I have?

when i got a similar saxxon blazer, it came with the buttons in one of the less used inside pockets. i think i just left them there. did you forget about these, or were they MIA from your coat entirely?

they do some up on ebay every now and then maybe. the normal saxxon ones do at least. those enameled ones are a lot different as you've noted, but i would expect maybe one would pop up there eventually.

BB should be able to send you some, but i wouldn't be surprised if you had to pay for the pleasure of getting the button from them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Unfortunately since I thrifted these the extra button was MIA from the coat.

Even if BB wants me to pay for replacement buttons, it'd probably beat the cost of getting a whole new set of buttons and the cost of getting the tailor to sew them on.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    I went to my local BB and asked. They had a box behind the register that they let me dig through for free. No guarantee it will be an exact match though--they are just loose buttons they have collected over the years. Worked for me in finding one that was close enough.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I just heard back from Brooks Brothers, who say they'll replace the button for free if I send them some information about the item. It'll take a few weeks, but it certainly beats any of the other alternatives.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaitreTea View Post
    I just heard back from Brooks Brothers, who say they'll replace the button for free if I send them some information about the item. It'll take a few weeks, but it certainly beats any of the other alternatives.
    Awesome news. That's excellent customer service.