Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Massdrop x Allen Edmonds Chukka

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quoted
    752 Post(s)
    Gotta say, seeing these photos make me wish I'd jumped on the bandwagon when the sale was happening. Maybe next time. The shoes look great by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

yup

Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Got pics? I wouldn't worry; usa-made and fully recraftable with Janus for under 300? Pay double and mayyyybe get something a tiny bit nicer i suppose but....tough to beat really.
    I do. I took them for this thread, but I have no idea how to upload them as I don't have a "flicker" or anything

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Quoted
    471 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Nope, I'm short the snuff. That's happening next time they do 'em
    Why'd you leave snuff until last? I'd have got it first, then chocolate, then sand.

(I'm planning on getting a brown suede Loake Kempton in London later this month or early next. That is basically snuff suede).

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    Ferret - did you go TTS? The reason I ask is mine came in a few days ago and they feel a bit tight in the toe box area. With them being unlined suede I'm guessing they will conform/adapt to my foot but I was expecting these to have a fuller toe box.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    241 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srlclark View Post
    Why'd you leave snuff until last? I'd have got it first, then chocolate, then sand.

(I'm planning on getting a brown suede Loake Kempton in London later this month or early next. That is basically snuff suede).
    There were only 100 chocolates the first run and no indication it would be done again. Gotta get the rarest. #trophyshoes

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Looks fine to me. AE isn't exactly known for superior / consistent finishing, but to my untrained eye those look like non-issues that won't impact the longevity or function of the shoe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    Looks fine to me. AE isn't exactly known for superior / consistent finishing, but to my untrained eye those look like non-issues that won't impact the longevity or function of the shoe.
    yeah... your right, but I'm still not okay with it. $240 is still too much for boots with 2 flaws IMO. AE firsts are effectively dead to me at this point. I'm tired of acting as their QC. I can find other Goodyear shoes/boots at similar price points (Charles Tyrwhitt, Grenson, JCrew, Jack Erwin) that seem to get the detailing right with consistency. The suede on the boots was absolutely amazing, so I get that this wasn't actually an apples to apples comparison to other brands. However, if the best apple has a dubious looking brown spot, I'm gonna buy the slightly less shinny, but blemish-free apple (to beat the metaphor to death). Thank you for trying to help me get okay with it though

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    Now that I've worn these once . . . they are so comfortable. It is almost like wearing slippers. It's more of a single flex sole so it's not going to give you much cushioning or be forgiving on anything but smooth surfaces so I wouldn't use it if you are going to be out walking a lot. But the uppers are so comfortable that you don't realize you're even wearing them. The suede is some of the best I've ever seen. I may have to pick these up in snuff next time they're offered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    It must have opened back up. I got an email saying the massdrop was on. I ordered a chocolate pair in 13. Looking forward to getting them. I have a foot sweat issue so lined footgear are not my preference. I like the fact these are unlined.