Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Massdrop x Allen Edmonds Chukka

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

Massdrop x Allen Edmonds Chukka

So I just got an email about an upcoming collaboration between the two for a suede chukka. No word on pricing yet but I'm pretty curious to see how this pans out. Any guesses as to what you guys think they might go for?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdro...ed-chukka-boot

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I would guess similar to full priced dundees $350 to $395. I would be very interested in this chukka if it had dainite or v tread sole. I have been thinking about the Nordstrom 1901 chukka that has been on the main site a few times in the past couple of weeks but would prefer an upgrade in quality. I would already own a suede Dundee if it had a different sole. In the description of this chukka it says that they consulted SF forum members, none of those members were interested in a winterized sole?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    Lol it's styleforum.

That said i have the Nordy's for when the weather is uncooperative. I'm definitely checking in on massdrop when this goes live.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Looks like they come in at $240 with B, D, and EEE widths.
    That's a fairly reasonable price all things considered. Really wish there was an option for some sort of rubber sole, personally.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I agree. I would definitely pay $240 if they had the V tread sole. That is a very reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by kongmw View Post
    Looks like they come in at $240 with B, D, and EEE widths.
    That's a fairly reasonable price all things considered. Really wish there was an option for some sort of rubber sole, personally.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    those wanting a rubber sole, either you could get them, wear them for a while, then send in for recraft with different sole, or just go to a local cobbler and resole with dainite or what have you for about half the price of a full AE recraft. (mind you that's just a resole)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Topys would be like $20 to add which is pretty much what a v-tread is.

Quote Originally Posted by hapablap View Post
    I agree. I would definitely pay $240 if they had the V tread sole. That is a very reasonable price.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    I had to go with D width as my usual B isn't offered but that shouldn't be an issue with boots. Got chocolate too!!! Super stoked. Now it needs to be december.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)
    Me too! Honestly I was a bit peeved with that as well, their B offerings didn't kick in until size 10... 9B fits me perfect on the 511. They posted an update saying they will do another drop if demand is as high as it seems. Hopefully they will expand the size options for the next one. Hoping I like them, if I don't I can easily pass them off to my brother as a Christmas gift (perks of being an identical twin).

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    258 Post(s)
    Nice. I figure worst case, I can *EASILY* get my $$ back by throwing them on the SF classifieds (or here). Possibly more depending on how many lament missing the boat on the chocolate color.

Don't get me wrong, I did *NOT* jump on it and "take someone else's spot" just to sell them for a profit. I want very badly for them to fit lol. I have a couple other pairs of nice boots in a D width and while it's not *AS* snug as B, it also isn't a major issue for me. No slippage or anything like that, and if anything I can put in some insoles and be GTG.