Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ties by Ambition Menswear - Just launched, feedback welcome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Ties by Ambition Menswear - Just launched, feedback welcome!

Hi all – we’ve just launched our website offering handmade Italian ties and would seriously appreciate any feedback you might have. Happy to send a discount code to all those who can help us out!

To tell you a bit about our story - I became a full-blown tie addict after starting my first job out of school. I found myself on Wall St, surrounded by people whose shoes cost more than my car, and the last thing I wanted was to stick out for the way I dressed. As I built up my wardrobe, I found myself in a dilemma I’m sure most of you can relate to: I didn’t want to buy cheaply made, bargain brand ties, but I couldn't bring myself to spend crazy amounts on the higher end products.

So in my off-hours, I pursued my vision of the perfect tie, hoping to scratch my entrepreneurial itch in the process. After over a year of research, rejection, negotiation, and very little sleep, Ambition Menswear was born.

Our ties are 100% silk, handmade in Italy, and (best of all), actually affordable! I’ve been wearing them for quite a while now and I have to say, they’re everything I was looking for and I’m sure others will feel the same. Please let me know what you think of the site, our products, the brand, etc., and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

https://www.ambitionmenswear.com
    Last edited by bringambition; October 24th, 2016 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Hyperlink

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    I think a link to your webpage would be a pretty decent place to start

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Checked out the site and the IG. Site is simple and easy to navigate. A bit surprised how cheap the tie bars are, actually...which in turn might lead to some potential customers to question their quality; others might look at them as a steal. Where they're made might be a little helpful for some. Also, the photos of the ties you have are fine, but it might be helpful to show the tie knotted. I know some other vendors who are popular on here don't, but I think, if you're looking to show how good they are, those might also help inform the purchase process. FAQs look fine, from a cursory glance.

Since I'm giving input, I suppose I should include the link.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    476 Post(s)
    Harumph. Work has your website blocked. So I guess I'll have to wait until this afternoon....

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    The black grenadine width is listed as 1". I'm assuming it should be 3.25" like the other colors.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Blocked at work as well. Guess I'll have to give it a look tonight when I get home.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    I like the site layout, it is straightforward and easy to navigate. I second the idea of showing the ties knotted. The only other thing I can think of would be maybe be a little more descriptive about the materials used and the construction process. You're entering a pretty crowded market place, I know the ties are silk and made any Italy, but any additional points you could brag on (as long as they are legit) could go a long way in conceiving me to buy your ties as opposed to the dozens of other options out there in the $30-$50 price range. I also like the patterns and look of the ties quite a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    Checked out the site and the IG. Site is simple and easy to navigate. A bit surprised how cheap the tie bars are, actually...which in turn might lead to some potential customers to question their quality; others might look at them as a steal. Where they're made might be a little helpful for some. Also, the photos of the ties you have are fine, but it might be helpful to show the tie knotted. I know some other vendors who are popular on here don't, but I think, if you're looking to show how good they are, those might also help inform the purchase process. FAQs look fine, from a cursory glance.

Since I'm giving input, I suppose I should include the link.
    Appreciate the feedback man, PMed you a discount code. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me27 View Post
    I like the site layout, it is straightforward and easy to navigate. I second the idea of showing the ties knotted. The only other thing I can think of would be maybe be a little more descriptive about the materials used and the construction process. You're entering a pretty crowded market place, I know the ties are silk and made any Italy, but any additional points you could brag on (as long as they are legit) could go a long way in conceiving me to buy your ties as opposed to the dozens of other options out there in the $30-$50 price range. I also like the patterns and look of the ties quite a bit.
    Thank you for the feedback! Anything specifically you'd look for in terms of differentiation? Was thinking of sharing info about our Italian partners and manufacturing process over social media bit by bit, but do you think we'd be better off sharing it right on the site?

Also, PMed you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    The black grenadine width is listed as 1". I'm assuming it should be 3.25" like the other colors.
    Thanks for bringing that to our attention, just PMed!