Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ties by Ambition Menswear - Just launched, feedback welcome!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Just to echo what some others have said, more details about the manufacturing process and Italian partners would be great and could maybe help to differentiate you from other competitors.

The person who mentioned the stark black and red on white is also right I think--it is a bit intense, color-scheme wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsedlak View Post
    Agree with most of what has been said here already. Basically if we are looking at affordable ties the obvious comparison is to Tie Bar. One of the things I dislike about their site is the sheer amount of ties they have. It is like going to a restaurant that has a 10 page menu. It makes you question the quality so on the flipside having a limited number of choices does make it seem more exclusive / higher quality. Adding a few more choices in the future, like a knit tie or ties in materials other than silk may be a nice addition though.

That said, all that really matters is the quality of the ties. At a price point 10$ higher than Tie Bar I would expect something better than what they offer. Your Grenadine ties are also $26 cheaper than what I can get from Kent Wang so while I would not expect the same quality I also don't want a poorly made tie (and I think Kent Wang prices are more than fair for the quality). Basically if your ties are closer to Kent Wang and further from Tie Bar quality then you could really have something here.

Not sure if someone else mentioned this already but when you do quick view you don't get the ability to hover over and get a zoomed in view. You can get that by clicking on full details or by clicking on the product name itself from the beginning but I would like to be able to get that from the quick view as well.
    We'll definitely put some serious work into showing the lifecycle of our ties - we have a small stockpile of pictures and videos from our workshops in Como and Rome. I have no doubt our customers will be satisfied with the quality of our ties, seems like just a matter of putting any doubts to rest! PMing you now in case you wanted to give our Grenadines a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    I had a chance to check your website out last night. I share some of the comments of previous posters but overall I liked what I saw (would also love to see a brown grenadine!). The pricing of your tie bars definitely seems low. There is no info as to materials used for them and that is something I would definitely like to know before purchasing online.

The job interview promotion of yours seems like a great idea! All you have to do is talk about yourself for a discount? Very nice. Will help you develop a more personal relationship with new and old customers which can be lacking/nonexistent in the world of online retail.
    Another with the Brown Grenadine! Personally, my favorite is the Wine color (esp with a charcoal suit), but to each his own.

But thank you, really glad to hear you like the Job Interview Promo. On a personal note, I'm very passionate about helping people with their job search and spend a good amount of time in this regard, and from a company standpoint I want Ambition to be the brand people can always trust when they have something important coming up. The process to get this discount is purposefully pretty simple - sure, there's a chance people will abuse it, but what can you do.

We're getting late into the graduate / entry-level recruiting season, and internship recruiting will be picking up soon, so if you know of anyone interviewing who's looking for a tie but short on funds be sure to point them in our direction. Also, sent you a PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Overall, I think you are off to a good start with your website. I would love to see a lavender grenadine. The midnight blue looks very appealing. Do you see yourself adding pocket squares to your inventory anytime soon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWL3 View Post
    Overall, I think you are off to a good start with your website. I would love to see a lavender grenadine. The midnight blue looks very appealing. Do you see yourself adding pocket squares to your inventory anytime soon?
    Thanks, lavender is a great suggestion. Sounds like we have to get some brown and lavender grenadines on the next boat in. And pocket squares are definitely something we're looking into, any suggestions on patterns, fabrics, etc.? PMed you btw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew4h View Post
    Just to echo what some others have said, more details about the manufacturing process and Italian partners would be great and could maybe help to differentiate you from other competitors.

The person who mentioned the stark black and red on white is also right I think--it is a bit intense, color-scheme wise.
    We put this page together as a start, still needs some work but any thoughts? Thank you for the feedback.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bringambition View Post
    We put this page together as a start, still needs some work but any thoughts? Thank you for the feedback.
    Nice! Definitely adds to the site; particularly for a first go. I imagine in the future you can update with some higher res photos (and maybe about the fabric production/sourcing as well). Good stuff man!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    That production process page is simple but makes me much more interested in buying from your company.
    Side note, the Como area is awesome. I've spent a good amount of time in Lecco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bringambition View Post
    Thanks, lavender is a great suggestion. Sounds like we have to get some brown and lavender grenadines on the next boat in. And pocket squares are definitely something we're looking into, any suggestions on patterns, fabrics, etc.? PMed you btw.
    Silk pocket squares in any basic solid color (burgandy, navy, hunter green, ect) are great. Also white cotton with a thin colored border.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ringwolf View Post
    That production process page is simple but makes me much more interested in buying from your company.
    Side note, the Como area is awesome. I've spent a good amount of time in Lecco.
    Glad to hear that, we'll keep making improvements on the page but it's great to hear the positive feedback. And awesome, Lecco is only ~30 min away from one of our workshops! Sending through a PM now.