Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ties by Ambition Menswear - Just launched, feedback welcome!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Not a whole lot of feedback to give that the other dudes didn't mention; but on the bottom half of the homepage, the very bold red and black up against the stark white background seems a little visually overwhelming and makes it hard to focus on particular words. Also, the hunter green tie looks sweet! Definitely considering picking it up.

EDIT: The viewchanger arrows don't do anything for the ties. I'd consider putting in other views (maybe the tie with shirt/jacket), or removing the arrows in products without multiple pictures.
    Last edited by Terminado; October 24th, 2016 at 09:59 PM. Reason: More comments
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    One thing you may want to consider adding is more personal touches on the "Our Story" part. Maybe some pictures or short team member bios. Kind of just adds personality to your brand and helps people connect with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminado View Post
    Not a whole lot of feedback to give that the other dudes didn't mention; but on the bottom half of the homepage, the very bold red and black up against the stark white background seems a little visually overwhelming and makes it hard to focus on particular words. Also, the hunter green tie looks sweet! Definitely considering picking it up.

EDIT: The viewchanger arrows don't do anything for the ties. I'd consider putting in other views (maybe the tie with shirt/jacket), or removing the arrows in products without multiple pictures.
    Thank you, seeing as we've gotten so much feedback about adding addt'l product photos I think it's definitely worth moving forward with. And glad to hear you like the Hunter Green Dotted, as a wearer of our ties myself I've gotten a good number of compliments on that one! Sent you a PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erk Tsen View Post
    One thing you may want to consider adding is more personal touches on the "Our Story" part. Maybe some pictures or short team member bios. Kind of just adds personality to your brand and helps people connect with it.
    Definitely a good idea! Just sent you a PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Agree with most of what has been said here already. Basically if we are looking at affordable ties the obvious comparison is to Tie Bar. One of the things I dislike about their site is the sheer amount of ties they have. It is like going to a restaurant that has a 10 page menu. It makes you question the quality so on the flipside having a limited number of choices does make it seem more exclusive / higher quality. Adding a few more choices in the future, like a knit tie or ties in materials other than silk may be a nice addition though.

That said, all that really matters is the quality of the ties. At a price point 10$ higher than Tie Bar I would expect something better than what they offer. Your Grenadine ties are also $26 cheaper than what I can get from Kent Wang so while I would not expect the same quality I also don't want a poorly made tie (and I think Kent Wang prices are more than fair for the quality). Basically if your ties are closer to Kent Wang and further from Tie Bar quality then you could really have something here.

Not sure if someone else mentioned this already but when you do quick view you don't get the ability to hover over and get a zoomed in view. You can get that by clicking on full details or by clicking on the product name itself from the beginning but I would like to be able to get that from the quick view as well.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Nice website. I will echo a few comments by others. It is all going to depend on the quality. I can't tell from the pictures if you are on par with a cheaper tie (TieBar) or higher end ties. You mention on the site where they are made but have to get in to the detail of how they are made to show the quality.

On your grenadine ties, I think the material is called Grenadine Garza. I've never seen it as "Grazza" like you have it on the site

Also, you have to offer a brown grenadine...Come on, that's a staple!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sobecane View Post
    Nice website. I will echo a few comments by others. It is all going to depend on the quality. I can't tell from the pictures if you are on par with a cheaper tie (TieBar) or higher end ties. You mention on the site where they are made but have to get in to the detail of how they are made to show the quality.

On your grenadine ties, I think the material is called Grenadine Garza. I've never seen it as "Grazza" like you have it on the site

Also, you have to offer a brown grenadine...Come on, that's a staple!
    Wow, good catch. Looks like an accidental portmanteau of "garza," referring to the ties' gauze-like nature, and "grossa," the thicker, more robust texture (as opposed to "fina," where the weave is finer).

While it was definitely a tough decision, to start we've opted to offer the Grossa variety as the knotting will generally be a bit larger and more potent, perfect for the workplace / business environment. The "fina" variety will be coming soon though, for those interested. (Sorry for nerding out there.)

And true, no brown Grenadine (yet!), but I'll PM you a discount code in case you saw any others you liked! Thanks for the feedback.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bringambition View Post
    Thank you for the feedback! Anything specifically you'd look for in terms of differentiation? Was thinking of sharing info about our Italian partners and manufacturing process over social media bit by bit, but do you think we'd be better off sharing it right on the site?

Also, PMed you.
    Yeah I think sharing info about your partners and manufacturing process would be great. With you being a new company I would think this type of information would make potential customers more confident in the level of quality they would get from your products.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me27 View Post
    Yeah I think sharing info about your partners and manufacturing process would be great. With you being a new company I would think this type of information would make potential customers more confident in the level of quality they would get from your products.
    I'm curious as to what you use for interlining as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    I had a chance to check your website out last night. I share some of the comments of previous posters but overall I liked what I saw (would also love to see a brown grenadine!). The pricing of your tie bars definitely seems low. There is no info as to materials used for them and that is something I would definitely like to know before purchasing online.

The job interview promotion of yours seems like a great idea! All you have to do is talk about yourself for a discount? Very nice. Will help you develop a more personal relationship with new and old customers which can be lacking/nonexistent in the world of online retail.