Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on "Monkey Boots"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    A lot of Danner boots have similar lacing (extending really close to the toe), though the shape of the boots themselves lean more towards hikers than sleek, city style. They're really popular though, worth checking out if you're experimenting with that style.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I think I will have to find a pair in the wild and try them on for myself to see if I can pull them off. I do like the way they lace, but I don't know how they will wear with a pair of chinos or jeans on me. I dont want to make a somewhat sizable investment and have them sit in the closet. This, for me, is one of those times that it may look good on the models, but might not look so good in person.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    I've been coveting a pair of Solovair monkey boots in Oxblood for years. They won't fit very well with the standard Dappered uniform--that is, the proportions and rubber sole make them more difficult to dress up into the semi-prep/business casual world of jeans/chinos/OCBD/blazer. If you primarily wear workwear styles, I really don't see why these would look bad. But they're not going into a conservative office except on casual Friday, whereas something more classically styled might be easier to work in.