Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gustin Harrington jacket

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Quoted
    597 Post(s)
    bought it in navy btw. been looking for a less bulky (compared to military) jacket, lightweight, casual with a stand up collar. harringtons fit the bill but it was hard to find a good one.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    I just backed the navy jacket -- my first Gustin purchase. I've been looking for a reasonably priced, well-made, lightweight, and slim jacket like this for a long time. I prefer a shirt collar, but the harrington is a classic.

It has raglan sleeves; so, the shoulder width shouldn't really matter. They advertise that the jacket is not boxy, but they don't give you the waist measurement or sweep width. I figure a large should fit me, since my chest is 42 inches and I wear a 42R J. Crew Ludlow.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Has anyone gotten a canvas jacket from them before? What I love about harringtons is that they're so light and breathable for a lined jacket. A canvas jacket (especially one they describe as "substantial") sounds like it might be pretty heavy and substantial, which defeats the purpose of a Harrington for me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)
    I ended up backing this way back when. Just got an update that they're shipping this week and into next. Will snap some pics for those interested when mine arrives.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    So they've said they were going to ship their December/November order two weeks ago, of course two weeks later we're getting a "orders are almost all shipped, we only have a few outliers that aren't" message.

I guess I'm an outlier, though it's likely that there's more outliers than they claim. It's sad really, I'm so pissed about the delay from the posted ship date that it might just ruin the jacket for me when I get it. I was pretty excited as a first time buyer but, even if something is just too good to be true, I don't plan on going back to these guys until they work out their supply chain issues and deliver when they say they will.

(edited for grammar and accuracy)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    252 Post(s)
    They pretty consistently hit the very end of their expected ship dates. Don't forget that we've had some major holidays recently which always causes delays. I'm sorry you aren't happy with that. I wouldn't let that alone ruin the jacket for you.

Mine hasn't come in yet either but I really hope you're pleased with it when you finally get yours.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    428 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    They pretty consistently hit the very end of their expected ship dates.
    I actually think it's a bit shady that they present a 2-month spread as if there's a real possibility that it will ship before the end of the window. They seem to ship at the end of the window or even later. The jeans I ordered shipped a full month late. My Harrington is almost two weeks late shipping so far. I also ordered a field jacket and assume the same will happen (I'm also afraid that the field jacket won't fit because I sized up, but fingers crossed). I don't mind that they take a while. That's their model. But I think they are misleading with their dates.
    Last edited by dpark; January 11th, 2017 at 04:30 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    185 Post(s)
    @dpark -- my harrington jacket (first ever Gustin purchase) was supposed to be delivered November/December and it hasn't shipped yet. I don't believe them when they say that I am an outlier. There is no way that they planned to deliver this anywhere near November. I am willing to forgive them if the jacket is as nice as I'm hoping it will be. I just wish that they would be more open and honest with their communication. Explain why there is an unplanned delay. Was there a problem with quality? If they are perfectionists and need more time to get the jacket perfect, then I am willing to wait. Does it really take a week to ship out the first run of jackets? Does anyone seriously believe that? As it stands now, I'm not a happy customer.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    428 Post(s)
    @Alex1 - Same here. Mine was Nov/Dec and I'm still waiting.

I agree with you on the shipping. It's hard for me to believe that it takes two weeks to package up some jackets and get them in the mail. I don't know why they're consistently at the end of (or past) their delivery window, but given that they are, they should really set more realistic delivery timeframes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    My guess is that they didn't actually have the jackets yet, from what I've read elsewhere they sub-contract out the production so it's possible the problem is with the actually production team and they're just now getting it in hand. Fine and dandy and not entirely their fault, but still, if you're using the same contractors each time (which I think they are) and you're experiencing this much of an issue, it's time to have a conversation with them about quality of service. I get that they're a start up mentality, but it's time to think about supply chain management.

My guess is I'll be happy with the jacket, but since I live in Florida and it's already starting to get warm again, I'll probably have to wait until next year to wear it.