105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)

Gustin Harrington jacket

Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1474 Post(s)
    IMO this looks nicer than the field jacket that got some play on the main site recently.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Looks pretty sharp, I wish they did their Jackets in Tall sizes like they do their shirts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Sounds like the sleeves will be long, how hard is it to tailor elastic cuffs at the wrist? Been looking for a harrington and was tempted by the field jacket but already have one from j crew, so may buy this

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)
    I like that type of jacket for sure. theirs looks very minimal, which I like too. Ironically I just picked p the reboot of Target's harrington and am pretty pleased considering I paid about $30 for it with a cartwheel offer. No navy option but the winter tan looks way better in person and worked for me. Sleeves werent as wonky proportioned as the first version they had and the collar stays out of the way better. Gusting is going to be much higher quality obviously.

http://www.target.com/p/men-s-harrin...a/-/A-50799427

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I have the Old Navy version, thin flannel lining. I've had it for five years and it has held up great. My favorite weekend jacket.
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.Ē ― Charles Bukowski

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Something about it gives me a bomber/Harrington hybrid vibe that I'm not sure if I dig yet. It definitely looks more original than some products Gustin has done in the past though. And I did just spring for one of the Field Jackets as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I like that type of jacket for sure. theirs looks very minimal, which I like too. Ironically I just picked p the reboot of Target's harrington and am pretty pleased considering I paid about $30 for it with a cartwheel offer. No navy option but the winter tan looks way better in person and worked for me. Sleeves werent as wonky proportioned as the first version they had and the collar stays out of the way better. Gusting is going to be much higher quality obviously.

http://www.target.com/p/men-s-harrin...a/-/A-50799427
    I have last year's Target Harrington in Navy. What did you find wonky about the sleeves? I agree the collar does get in the way a bit. Also, The zipper sometimes snags when unzipping at the end, hows the zipper on the new one? I'm thinking about getting it too, that dark khaki shade looks pretty good.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    I like it, and noticed they didn't include shoulder width measurements this time around!

That dark oak is looking pretty awesome.
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    713 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttysonmcneely View Post
    I have last year's Target Harrington in Navy. What did you find wonky about the sleeves? I agree the collar does get in the way a bit. Also, The zipper sometimes snags when unzipping at the end, hows the zipper on the new one? I'm thinking about getting it too, that dark khaki shade looks pretty good.
    for me, the proportions were off. the small was too tight int eh body but the medium sleeves were super long. The collar killed it for me though. I have sensitive skin and coarse whiskers so it would have bugged the hell out of me. I have only worn it a few times but so far the zipper is OK. its what I would expect. Not smooth or especially sturdy but works. Its crazy that I ahve started to become a zipper snob. Since I only plan to use this as a light layer for brisk evening, I dont care. I have zipped it maybe twice.