Thread: Quick shout out for LE's customer service

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Quick shout out for LE's customer service

Just had an outstanding experience with Land's End's customer service I felt like sharing. Six months ago I ordered 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, and a tie from the LE sale section for a total of $106.94 including tax and free shipping. So I already felt like I was playing with house money. One of the pair of pants wore out in the crotch very fast for some reason. I kind of just stopped wearing them. Today I threw them on real quick to run an errand and my wife said I should return them.

I didn't expect much but I went to the LE site and clicked on the customer service chat option. Short chat made shorter:

Me: Hey, I had a problem with some cheap pants I bought 6 months ago.

LE: sorry. I'll email you a paid return label and replace them.

Me: got it in my email now. Thanks.

Could not have been faster or more pain free. I've already been on a bit of an LE kick, but this made me feel even better about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    That's great, Lands End is the best! Great quality at reasonable prices, and unbeatable service if you need it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    their customer service is almost unmatched. So good.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    They do a great job over the phone and online (chat and email). They sent some wool pants to me that had obviously been worn, and they promptly sent me a new pair and took the old pair back without any hassle. I like the fact that they will give you measurements of their clothes that are not listed on their website too. They actually have more measurements than most retailers if you click on the pdf file next to each clothing item. I wish more retailers would do this. For example, they gave me the sweep width of their slim Hyde Park OCBD shirt as well as the width slightly above the hem. Some shirts are too tight in the hips for me, and I hate playing the trail-and-error buy-and-return game with online purchases. I think their association with Sears hurt their reputation for customer service on the brick and mortar side of things, but it has been a while since I've walked into a Sears store. So, things could have changed for the better.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1 View Post
    They do a great job over the phone and online (chat and email). They sent some wool pants to me that had obviously been worn, and they promptly sent me a new pair and took the old pair back without any hassle. I like the fact that they will give you measurements of their clothes that are not listed on their website too. They actually have more measurements than most retailers if you click on the pdf file next to each clothing item. I wish more retailers would do this. For example, they gave me the sweep width of their slim Hyde Park OCBD shirt as well as the width slightly above the hem. Some shirts are too tight in the hips for me, and I hate playing the trail-and-error buy-and-return game with online purchases. I think their association with Sears hurt their reputation for customer service on the brick and mortar side of things, but it has been a while since I've walked into a Sears store. So, things could have changed for the better.
    I actually like that if I want to return something I can just into a Sears store and do it in person. But for anything more complicated than that, LE phone CS is the best.