Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Or, whatever your favorite pair of dark wash denim happens to be."

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    187 Post(s)
    Old Navy slim fit. I think I paid about $15, and it fits better than anything else, but I've never even tried on a pair of selvedge jeans. Banana Republic slim is a similar fit, but there is extra room in the waist and the back rise is oddly long. I am somewhat disproportionately wider than average in the hips and thighs. So, I'm not slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Cheap: Levi 541 Rigid Dragon - $30 on sale
    Less cheap but great: BR Traveler Slim - $89 or so on sale. Wasn't the best sale, only 25% off
    Cheap but only in the realm of raw denim: Naked & Famous Easy Guy (fits without tailoring) - $80 on sale

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Levi's 541 for less expensive. Bought two pairs online, both fit differently. Next time I will spend the extra bit and buy in store (usually online runs better promotions than B&M).

More expensive:

AG Adriano Goldschmied Protégé (6pm, Saks off 5th, Barneys Warehouse occasionally have good prices). Haven't tried Graduate yet. Only issue is they only come in longer length, so I need to get them tailored. With the tailoring they never quite sit right at the ankle.

Have tried Gustin and Naked and Famous Weird Guy, but don't really have the patience to wait for them to stretch out. I run hot and sweat to much to wear consistently without washing.

Uniqlo straight selvedge used to be my go to, but doesn't fit quite right anymore.
    Last edited by 77Pat; September 13th, 2016 at 12:20 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 77Pat View Post
    Levi's 541 for less expensive. Bought two pairs online, both fit differently.
    Isn't this always the problem with Levi's? It's frustrating. QC is just... bad. I like Levi's when they fit right (I'm partial to 501s), but it's a crap shoot. On top of that, I wear a 36 inseam for jeans, which isn't normally available in store, so I'm stuck ordering online with fingers crossed.

I guess it just supports the age-old truth: you get what you pay for. I expect that if I were paying $100+ per pair of jeans, the fit would be a little more consistent. Since I'm not willing to pay that for jeans, I'm stuck complaining about the inconsistency of the jeans I am willing to buy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Dubs View Post
    Isn't this always the problem with Levi's? It's frustrating. QC is just... bad. I like Levi's when they fit right (I'm partial to 501s), but it's a crap shoot. On top of that, I wear a 36 inseam for jeans, which isn't normally available in store, so I'm stuck ordering online with fingers crossed.

I guess it just supports the age-old truth: you get what you pay for. I expect that if I were paying $100+ per pair of jeans, the fit would be a little more consistent. Since I'm not willing to pay that for jeans, I'm stuck complaining about the inconsistency of the jeans I am willing to buy.
    Have you tried JCF? The Sutton fit has worked great for me and it is wonderfully consistent even across fabrics (chinos jeans dress pants)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DapperTexan View Post
    Have you tried JCF? The Sutton fit has worked great for me and it is wonderfully consistent even across fabrics (chinos jeans dress pants)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I haven't, but perhaps I should. I am a fan of JCF pants in general --- I have several Bedford pants that are part of the regular work rotation. Just checked, and they have a few Sutton jeans in 36L, too... Thanks for the tip.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Dubs View Post
    Isn't this always the problem with Levi's? It's frustrating. QC is just... bad.
    I've always wondered if it's just the dyes. I've probably owned 7 or 8 pairs of Levi's over the past 15 years and it always seemed to me like the darker the dye, the tighter and shorter they fit. Could just be coincidental to my own experience, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I posted this earlier, but no one wears DSTLD? The business model is right up dappered's alley (small batch direct to consumer, US made, or noted foreign made) And the quality is on par with $200+ jeans, even though they are $65 to $90. I've owned the gammut of traditional jeans and these just can't be beat (assuming you fit in one of their three sizes)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wmilas View Post
    I posted this earlier, but no one wears DSTLD? The business model is right up dappered's alley (small batch direct to consumer, US made, or noted foreign made) And the quality is on par with $200+ jeans, even though they are $65 to $90. I've owned the gammut of traditional jeans and these just can't be beat (assuming you fit in one of their three sizes)
    I have been curious to give them a try, but I typically wear 38x36 in jeans (i'm 6'7 250lbs) and DSTLD never seems to have anything available that would fit me.

Also, I currently am in dress pants 5 days out of the week for work and I live in Texas so when I am not at work I avoid jean about 6 months out of the year (due to outside temperatures being over 85 degrees).....so basically an additional pair of jeans or upgrading my current selection really is not on my priority list. Maybe once one of my current pairs starts to wear out i'll take another look at DSTLD and see if I can find anything that looks like it will fit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phatte View Post
    I've always wondered if it's just the dyes. I've probably owned 7 or 8 pairs of Levi's over the past 15 years and it always seemed to me like the darker the dye, the tighter and shorter they fit. Could just be coincidental to my own experience, though.
    This is funny! I have three pairs of 541s and this is exactly right for me as well.

+1 for DSTLD. Great jeans for the $.