Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 College Football Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by APinNC View Post
    Good lord, boomer sooners! Way to let this one get out of control. Still 17 minutes left, but they look horrible. Not #3 caliber
    Shhhhhh. There's still time. (Gotta agree though - they don't look like a #3.)

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    So bowling Green gets blown out like an unranked and Oklahoma peed the bed. Osu strength of schedule might be looking shaky already.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    SEC, SEC, SEC. Oh wait sorry LSU among many others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Yeah, sec not looking so hot either. See my previous statement about preseason. But hey, if you are going to lose a game, make it the first one.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Just circling back today, as my Longhorns are getting all the hype after the great win on Monday. #11 in the AP seems a bit of a reach, but somewhere between that and the Coaches' #20 seems about right. They outperformed my expectations (other than the PAT block returned for 2 which tied the game), so this makes me all the more excited to see how the Big 12 plays out. OU looked confused, but will they turn it around before they play Ohio State in their third game? Red River only two weeks after that, too. Baylor looked strong against a non-opponent, TCU looked pretty weak, Oklahoma State looked good, but we won't know much about them before Texas and OSU play in the fourth game.

Overall the SEC looked weak as well, at least relative to their preseason expectations. Obviously Bama held their ground and made sure everyone knew they're still the team to be beat. USC admittedly just couldn't hang.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    the SEC looks like Alabama and a bunch of turds.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Cheer, cheer for ole Notre Dame . . .

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Overall the SEC looked weak as well, at least relative to their preseason expectations. Obviously Bama held their ground and made sure everyone knew they're still the team to be beat. USC admittedly just couldn't hang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    the SEC looks like Alabama and a bunch of turds.
    I am a UGA fan and like to pot stir sometimes but if it were coming down to putting money on games, I don't have great faith int he SEC and think most of the rep is from past performance. A lot of people look at championships but I like to look at overall bowl records and the SEC hasn't been overpowering in a while. This is the beauty of college football...there is never really an answer so there is endless debate.