Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 College Football Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

2016 College Football Thread

Fall of 2016 is here, fellas. Who's into college football? Predictions for the season? Deshawn Watson or Christian McCaffrey looking good for the Heisman. Lot of talking heads are high on OSU. Looking like another Bama type of season to me though.

As is tradition, I'm here grilling a couple of steaks watching a couple of games. Sure feels like fall in Chicago. Go Green!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Watson. McCaffrey is nice but he doesnt get the flash that Watson does, and Clemson has a legit shot of playoff run again. OSU...bah. call me when they play less than 50% high school teams. I am a UGA fan so I am in for a rough year but probably a fun one.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    325 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Watson. McCaffrey is nice but he doesnt get the flash that Watson does, and Clemson has a legit shot of playoff run again. OSU...bah. call me when they play less than 50% high school teams. I am a UGA fan so I am in for a rough year but probably a fun one.
    Confused about your OSU comment.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    just your typical, unfounded pot stirring that conferences do. OSU actually has a decent schedule this year.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    A typical SEC fanboy comment. Which is amusing, given that OSU plays more top 10 teams (pre-season rankings) than Bama, including playing #3 Oklahoma (and Bowling Green, which is admittedly easy but is tradition, and Tulsa who isn't a full pushover) in their non-conference games. Whereas Bama has USC (#20), followed by real tough competition from Western Kentucky, Kent State and Chattanooga... And that's coming from someone who dislikes OSU, to have full disclosure.

As a Texas fan, I'm just hoping for a better showing on Sunday vs. ND (lots of predictions that we win, but I'll just take a good showing). However, I'm most curious to see how Oklahoma does this year, having #15 Houston tomorrow and #6 OSU two games later, but the usual Big12 games. They were such a strong team last year, only losing to Texas in Red River (hook 'em!) and then Clemson in the CFP semis.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1070 Post(s)
    see? pot stirred. I dont really deal with ranking until mid season. Preseason rankings are dumb.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Clemson fan here. Tomorrow should be easy, considering half of Auburn's team is either suspended or quit.
    Can't believe how bad South Carolina looked last night. They got the W, but struggling against Vandy?
    Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and LSU
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by APinNC View Post
    Clemson fan here. Tomorrow should be easy, considering half of Auburn's team is either suspended or quit.
    Can't believe how bad South Carolina looked last night. They got the W, but struggling against Vandy?
    Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and LSU
    Playoff teams look legit but I can't see two teams from any conference right now, including the SEC. I'd maybe replace LSU with Oklahoma. Definitely ND if they come out blazing from their schedule. South Carolina looked bad but can't overlook that Tennessee fiasco last night. Appy State is always a contender but still...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot Tied Down View Post
    Playoff teams look legit but I can't see two teams from any conference right now, including the SEC. I'd maybe replace LSU with Oklahoma. Definitely ND if they come out blazing from their schedule. South Carolina looked bad but can't overlook that Tennessee fiasco last night. Appy State is always a contender but still...
    The Sooners definitely have a chance, as do the Domers. I agree 100% about the Vols. App State is a stout program, but Tennessee being raked 9th should have controlled that game from whistle to whistle. This is a perfect example of why ranking shouldn't even be announced until after week 4 or so. Having preseason ranking leaves an unfair disadvantage for a lot of really good teams
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Good lord, boomer sooners! Way to let this one get out of control. Still 17 minutes left, but they look horrible. Not #3 caliber