Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekender Duffel Bag Recommendations

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

Weekender Duffel Bag Recommendations

I'm taking a trip to Europe in late October, and I want to bring a carry-on sized canvas duffel bag. After reading some previous threads and posts on the main site, I'm leaning strongly towards the Beckel Canvas War Bag. I've seen reviews from Primer Magazine, Reddit, and Put This On, but I'd appreciate it if other people could chime in. I'm slightly concerned about the plastic on the shoulder straps not being durable, but I could potentially get a strap from somewhere else.

I'm also thinking about the L.L. Bean Field Canvas Duffel and the Herschel Supply Novel Duffel Bag. I would love to hear some other recommendations though. I'm hoping to stay around $100 upwards to $150 for a nice canvas weekender bag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I only have experience with the Herschel, but I'm not too happy with it. The canvas is good, but some of the hardware is plastic, which doesn't live up to the price in my opinion. Just looking at the others, I would go with the L.L. Bean, but they both look good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I don't have their duffel but I love the flight brief from Owen and Fred (along with everything else I've bought from them) so I assume the duffel is good too. And it's made in the USA with free shipping! Sign up for their newsletter and you get a 10% off code.

http://www.owenandfred.com/collections/duffel-bags

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    I have a Herschel duffel that I use to travel with all the time and doubles as my gym bag when I'm home. I've enjoyed it but I do hate the plastic parts as well. They squeak sometimes as well. I picked up mine during last year's Nordstrom Anniversary Sale so I got it a bit cheaper. I plan on upgrading at some point but it is still going strong after daily use and being stuffed into overhead compartments a few times a month as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    I have the Bespoke Post Weekender and have been very happy with it. Tough to beat for the price. https://www.bespokepost.com/box/weekender

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    I have the Everlane weekender bag and have been pleased with it. https://www.everlane.com/collections...-black-leather
    Measurement Reference: 5'11" 173lbs 40R 32x32

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    I have the Bespoke Post Weekender and have been very happy with it. Tough to beat for the price. https://www.bespokepost.com/box/weekender
    I thought about this one but it's a little smaller than the others. Definitely would've gone for this if it weren't smaller than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by theskillets View Post
    I have the Everlane weekender bag and have been pleased with it. https://www.everlane.com/collections...-black-leather
    Thought about this one also, but I don't like the lack of shoulder straps though.

In light of the mixed feelings about the Herschel Supply I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Beckel Canvas War Bag.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I just purchased a Navali Stowaway weekender bag from Amazon. They have their own website navali.com and online storefront, but I was told they are sending all inventory to Amazon selling exclusively through Amazon. At the $210 retail price that the bag was previously listed for, it's quite an expensive bag. However, the bag was marked down to $49 and is a pretty solid option. It's 14oz waxed canvas with ykk zippers and leather trim and brass buckles. I'll see how well it holds up when I go to NYC in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    The J. Crew Abingdon weekender bag is pretty good, can hold a lot of stuff. Lacks a bit of structure.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    Love my Frost River Weekender. It feels like it would survive a nuclear blast. No frills, no lining, just solid waxed canvas and heavy leather.