Thread: Update - Knot Tied Down Tie Shop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Update - Knot Tied Down Tie Shop

Hi guys,

I couldn't find the original thread (incidentally, if I'm posting in the wrong place please let me know or feel free to move this), but I'm just offering an update for those who were interested. While we're still going through our soft opening, we received our largest amount of inventory last week. It's gone pretty well so far, but we'd love to hear what the gentlemen of Dappered (a good part of our target market) think of our silk tie stylings. As you'll see we have traditional classics, but we also love richer, more vibrant colors. Silk knitted ties are continuing in popularity this fall for us.

Anyway, the previous comments were greatly appreciated and we tried to integrate a lot of the suggestions. So if you have the time, we'd love to hear what you think about our latest offerings.

Cheers!

Ryan

www.knottieddown.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Site looks much better and it looks like you guys added some more tie options! A few of the new additions have caught my eye. I just might pickup a couple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Site looks much better and it looks like you guys added some more tie options! A few of the new additions have caught my eye. I just might pickup a couple
    That's great to hear, Rawfull! So glad we've got your attention . Let me know if you have any questions.

Ryan

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    It's nice to see that you've added some silk ties, even if they are still too narrow and shiny for my tastes. I would like to see more simple striped ties. The knits are ok, but I notice that they are priced at $19. This is where The Tie Bar might have an advantage...with price and selection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    It's nice to see that you've added some silk ties, even if they are still too narrow and shiny for my tastes. I would like to see more simple striped ties. The knits are ok, but I notice that they are priced at $19. This is where The Tie Bar might have an advantage...with price and selection.
    Hey Spex -- thanks for your additional comments. I'll definitely keep them in mind for our next design campaign. And, yes comparing us to The Tie Bar is like comparing a three story greystone to Sears Tower. There's just no comparison, but we like to think we both serve certain purposes.

Ryan

The land where squirrels work office jobs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    try to stick to more conservative tie options, a lot of your stock doesnt appeal to me. look at the best sellers on the tie bar and try to get similar stuff and patterns to that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flatbear View Post
    try to stick to more conservative tie options, a lot of your stock doesnt appeal to me. look at the best sellers on the tie bar and try to get similar stuff and patterns to that
    Hey flatbear - that's a great observation and it was a conclusion we were coming to ourselves. Some of our more conservative styles are selling amazingly well. Good to hear feedback to back it up.

Cheers!

Ryan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Much better selection than before. If you had a Silk knitted in burgandy or a burgandy grenafuax, I would definitely give it a try.

I commented on the first post about how the selection wasn't really for me. Your current selection is a step in the right direction, I'd say.

The land where squirrels work office jobs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttysonmcneely View Post
    Much better selection than before. If you had a Silk knitted in burgandy or a burgandy grenafuax, I would definitely give it a try.

I commented on the first post about how the selection wasn't really for me. Your current selection is a step in the right direction, I'd say.
    or better yet actual grenadine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttysonmcneely View Post

Good suggestion, Ttysonmcneely! I'll keep it in mind for our next design campaign.