Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered.com's Steal Alert: Gustin Briefcases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sagehen5 View Post
    Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but how bad is the lack of structure on that BR briefcase? People seem to complain about it but that bag seems like it might otherwise be perfect for grad school + part-time job in business dress if it's manageable.
    Like others have said, it doesn't stand on its own. No structure even to the edges and corners, which means things will move around more freely inside. Structurally it's more like a tote bag, but with very rectangular dimensions so it looks like a briefcase. However not to say that it's flimsy -- the leather is really nice and overall it has decent hardware.

On the other hand; I had a 13" laptop, huge thick textbook (think IT Cert prep book), 2 T-shirts, and several different chargers in it today; and the bag still had room to spare. I'm glad I made the purchase, but I'm also a big fan of the lighter brown color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuFrank View Post
    Like others have said, it doesn't stand on its own. No structure even to the edges and corners, which means things will move around more freely inside. Structurally it's more like a tote bag, but with very rectangular dimensions so it looks like a briefcase. However not to say that it's flimsy -- the leather is really nice and overall it has decent hardware.

On the other hand; I had a 13" laptop, huge thick textbook (think IT Cert prep book), 2 T-shirts, and several different chargers in it today; and the bag still had room to spare. I'm glad I made the purchase, but I'm also a big fan of the lighter brown color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    another point in its favor...it's got a bit more room than most briefcases without showing so in its size. as mentioned i use it to lug books around and i can fit quit a bit in there (work laptop, books, lunch and thermos with room to spare)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    The CXL #8 one completed funding today. Can't wait to get mine.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwillhinton View Post
    The CXL #8 one completed funding today. Can't wait to get mine.
    But wait! There's more!

Another offering is up. You'll have to wait for that to fund for them to begin production on the cxl #8 bag.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    But wait! There's more!

Another offering is up. You'll have to wait for that to fund for them to begin production on the cxl #8 bag.
    Is that based upon your experience with Gustin? When I look at my particular order for the briefcase that got 100% funding, it shows "Sept/Oct 2016" as the ship date while the new one shows shipping of "October 2016".

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwillhinton View Post
    Is that based upon your experience with Gustin? When I look at my particular order for the briefcase that got 100% funding, it shows "Sept/Oct 2016" as the ship date while the new one shows shipping of "October 2016".
    What I know of Gustin is that they don't do production of individual offerings. They do batch production which includes batch ordering. So they don't order the fabric or leather until all offerings of that fabric or leather is complete. Early to mid October would be a good projection.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    659 Post(s)
    Yeah they charged me too! Psyched.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    659 Post(s)
    i just got a notification they made up a shipping label for mine.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    When these come in I'd love to see more pictures. Maybe an inside out one if anyone is willing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dun View Post
    When these come in I'd love to see more pictures. Maybe an inside out one if anyone is willing.
    I'd love to see any and all pics. Have a feeling I'll be picking one up next time they roll around.