Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered.com's Steal Alert: Gustin Briefcases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    737 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DuFrank View Post
    Same boat as you -- I have that Expresso/Darker tan finish briefcase from BR that has similar styling to the Gustin brief. I know #8 is a popular color but I'm actually a bigger fan of the BR case's Expresso color.

I'm on the edge of getting the Gustin still just cause I think it'll last much longer. But who knows right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i actually like the brown with black accents more, it really helps it stand out. only complaint is the lack of structure on the thing. not a big briefcase person but need one atm to lug some books around...who knows maybe i'll become a briefcase person.

Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    I already have a Color #8 nato strap heh =x

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHGhDIZgvX0/
    whoa, you have the exact watch strap/dial combo as me...good tastes!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    Good lord those are beautiful boots! I'm very jealous!
    Thank you! They're my favorite boots that I own. I think everyone should own a pair.

http://imgur.com/a/so9ns

@Scofield: I'd have to say you have good tastes as well

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Thoughts on the formality of the briefcase? Sorry for the very basic question but I am not up to speed fully on briefcases at this point in my life though am considering this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You're right, the materials alone are worth the price. This makes me wonder about where they saved money though: cheap thread? Polyester layering in stress points? Lets face it, this is probably not going to carry 100lbs of bricks every day so even if they did skimp on making it bulletproof like Saddleback we may never know. It's a damn fine looking thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmestrad View Post
    Thoughts on the formality of the briefcase? Sorry for the very basic question but I am not up to speed fully on briefcases at this point in my life though am considering this one.
    I'd say this is as versatile as it gets for all but the most formal of business occasions, especially in the darker hues.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    If I didn't already have their Filson knockoff that I got for a cool Benjamin during their Black Friday sale, I'd probably back this one.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/1475

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    971 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    I'd say this is as versatile as it gets for all but the most formal of business occasions, especially in the darker hues.
    Hard to think of a formal occasion where you'd be expected to have a briefcase where this wouldn't work in the dark colors (particularly the #8; the nut brown looks somewhat distressed?).

My issue is that it probably doesn't hold enough for me, but that's in part due to the fact that I use a large Saddleback classic for my daily briefcase. I almost always have my work laptop, plus some papers, notepad, umbrella, as well as a myriad of other junk in my briefcase. It's effectively my man-purse for workdays. It isn't sleek, but I've gotten many-a-compliment on the bag itself--as well as comments on my shoulder strength / back misalignment from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Hard to think of a formal occasion where you'd be expected to have a briefcase where this wouldn't work in the dark colors (particularly the #8; the nut brown looks somewhat distressed?).

My issue is that it probably doesn't hold enough for me, but that's in part due to the fact that I use a large Saddleback classic for my daily briefcase. I almost always have my work laptop, plus some papers, notepad, umbrella, as well as a myriad of other junk in my briefcase. It's effectively my man-purse for workdays. It isn't sleek, but I've gotten many-a-compliment on the bag itself--as well as comments on my shoulder strength / back misalignment from it.
    Lol, its true. The Saddleback bags weigh a lot on their own! I ended up getting a Custom Hyde bag for the exact reasons you describe, plus they have an option for a built-in umbrella holder! The double or even triple gusseted bags are better for guys like us who carry an office on our shoulder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    i actually like the brown with black accents more, it really helps it stand out. only complaint is the lack of structure on the thing. not a big briefcase person but need one atm to lug some books around...who knows maybe i'll become a briefcase person.
    Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but how bad is the lack of structure on that BR briefcase? People seem to complain about it but that bag seems like it might otherwise be perfect for grad school + part-time job in business dress if it's manageable.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    737 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sagehen5 View Post
    Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but how bad is the lack of structure on that BR briefcase? People seem to complain about it but that bag seems like it might otherwise be perfect for grad school + part-time job in business dress if it's manageable.
    it can't stand on it's own and it makes it hard to put books in for me. i still like it and use it regularly.