View Poll Results: Timex X Red Wing Waterbury Chronograph or Form Function Form Button-Stud Chronograph?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Timex X Red Wing Waterbury Chronograph

6 66.67%
  • Form Function Form Button-Stud Chronograph

3 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timex X Red Wing Waterbury Chronograph or Form Function Form Button-Stud Chronograph?

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Not to mention the Weekender is loud AF.
    Timex's chronograph movements do not have the same loud tick as their three-hand movements.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddingPT47 View Post
    Are you specifically looking for a chronograph?
    You are right, I am specifically looking for a chronograph. I have recently looked over my watches and realized I have yet to have a chronograph. I was hoping to have a good working and good looking one for a reasonable price (which is why I don't mind going quartz for this).

Do you think I should up my budget to $200 level and go for the Armogan Spirit of St. Louis or the Citizen BL5250-02L?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I would go with the Waterbury... it's got a stainless steel case, while the Weekender is chrome-plated brass. I've seen the Weekender Chronos in store and wasn't too impressed with them, the all-over polished/chromed case and hands make them look a bit cheap. I own a couple Timex chronographs and really like them, and IMO the Weekender Chrono just isn't up to par with Timex's other, similar offerings. The Waterbury is just a nicer-looking watch.

Both are pretty overpriced but the FFF is an entry-level watch on a decent strap whereas the Waterbury is a decent watch on a decent strap. You can always pick up a separate FFF strap or buy a similar one on Etsy or somewhere for even cheaper.

Less expensive options that are nicer than the Weekender Chrono are the Timex Field Pilot Chrono and Field Scout Chronos
    Good to know! Thanks for the info and the alternative recommendations!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja138 View Post
    You are right, I am specifically looking for a chronograph. I have recently looked over my watches and realized I have yet to have a chronograph. I was hoping to have a good working and good looking one for a reasonable price (which is why I don't mind going quartz for this).

Do you think I should up my budget to $200 level and go for the Armogan Spirit of St. Louis or the Citizen BL5250-02L?
    Bumping to $200 gives you a lot of options. Spirit of St Louis is a great looking watch.

If you want to stay lower and not seiko (seiko has tons of offerings under $150 if you drop that requirement), I have always liked this watch...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009WXTT8...I1C4KUXYF1S1ZR

and these if you can find one
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007OZESVQ...=IQXUG1O6NBM3B

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AC5T8EM...I1XSV6YCJWVSA4
    Last edited by idvsego; July 28th, 2016 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja138 View Post

I think the Spirit of St Louis is a great looking watch. I also forgot about the Timex Intelligent quartz chronos.
    https://www.amazon.com/Timex-T2N700-...ex+chronograph
    and this other one was mentioned on dappered once, it has a nato strap already
    https://www.amazon.com/Timex-TW4B041...ex+chronograph
    but personally my favorite in the <$500 range would probably be the spirit of st. louis. ( I don't buy $500+ watches, i just have expensive tastes )

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1115 Post(s)
    I have had an expedition chrono and I liked it much better than the weekender chrono.