Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The sale at Banana Republic

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

The sale at Banana Republic

Joe highlighted this as the lead item in the Thursday bundle, but I thought I'd point out that there's an extra 15% off for cardholders. That brings the single monks down to $50.15. I just ordered a pair in chestnut.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    There is also 60% off markdowns going on in store till sunday (YMMV)

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)
    Might be a silly question, but I'll ask anyway. By cardholder, is this a credit card that is attached to the store?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Might be a silly question, but I'll ask anyway. By cardholder, is this a credit card that is attached to the store?
    Can be a store credit card or debit card, but yes, it has to be that store's card that was signed up in store or online at their website.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Can be a store credit card or debit card, but yes, it has to be that store's card that was signed up in store or online at their website.
    They don't offer a debit card unfortunately AFAIK. And it doesn't have to be that specific stores card just a card from one of their brands (gap, old Navy, banana and I think even athleta but I'm not 100% sure on that one)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgfarb View Post
    They don't offer a debit card unfortunately AFAIK. And it doesn't have to be that specific stores card just a card from one of their brands (gap, old Navy, banana and I think even athleta but I'm not 100% sure on that one)
    I was just referring to the general term store cardholder.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    I was just referring to the general term store cardholder.
    Got it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleagentChang View Post
    There is also 60% off markdowns going on in store till sunday (YMMV)
    Thanks for the tip! That is going to work out at roughly the same discount as stacking a 50% and an extra 15% discount. For example, I also ordered a silk-linen v-neck online. It starts at $69.50 and was full price last time I was in a store. Online it's now discounted to $34.75 for non-cardholders and, after the extra 15% off, comes out to $29.32. If it's a straight up 60% off in store, then it would be $27.80. The extra $1.52 isn't nothing by any means, but I live 25 minutes from a store, and the gas/mileage I'd accrue going there would wipe out the extra savings.

On another note, I've never been able to find the chestnut Wyatt in store and so haven't yet seen it in person. I have seen the grey and the burgundy versions of it, but I thought a medium-brown would probably be a better option. I can always swap it out for one of the others if I'm wrong.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Right you are.

By the way, remember our discussion of Loake? I went into a couple of Loake branches while I was in London, but I didn't end up buying a pair of their shoes in the end. I tried on the Kempton chukka and, while the suede was beautiful, I couldn't find a size that worked for me. The sales assistants insisted I should be an 8.5 - bear in mind that I'm a 10.5 or 11 in the USA - and my feet were in a great deal of pain in that size and even the 9 felt too small. They were reluctant to even let me try on a 9.5, so rather than keep arguing with them about it, I just decided to leave it. I did find the Kemptons heavily discounted at Debenhams (from 195 pounds, already down from the list price of 215, to 133) but not in the right size there, either. I may try again next time I'm in the UK next summer. Customer service never has been a forte of British stores, in my experience...(I also went the day after the Brexit vote and my British savings were worth 20% less than they had been the previous day!)

In the meantime, I picked up a pair of Fifth Avenues in the recent AE sale as my new black cap toe.

N.B. I did pick up a couple of shirts at Charles Tyrwhitt and one at T. M. Lewin while I was in London.
    Last edited by srlclark; July 22nd, 2016 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    If you are a cardholder you get to stack the 15%. What I do is, I find what is on the website in store even if not my size, tell the associate to order it for me online with the in-store price + discount. This is because in store is almost always marked lower than online. Regarding the Wyatt, those are last seasons models so they are not everywhere anymore. What you can also do is, call the 1-800 number, give them the style number and they can do a nationwide in-store search. You can then call the store and have them ship it to you. Most of the time they waive the shipping but I spoke to an associate and they said since the 60% off is going on they wont do it now. But this is how I get my clothes SUPER cheap. Its a hassle, but I literally got these pants for $16.