Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: The sale at Banana Republic

  1. #11
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,497
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srlclark View Post
    Right you are.

    By the way, remember our discussion of Loake? I went into a couple of Loake branches while I was in London, but I didn't end up buying a pair of their shoes in the end. I tried on the Kempton chukka and, while the suede was beautiful, I couldn't find a size that worked for me. The sales assistants insisted I should be an 8.5 - bear in mind that I'm a 10.5 or 11 in the USA - and my feet were in a great deal of pain in that size and even the 9 felt too small. They were reluctant to even let me try on a 9.5, so rather than keep arguing with them about it, I just decided to leave it. I did find the Kemptons heavily discounted at Debenhams (from 195 pounds, already down from the list price of 215, to 133) but not in the right size there, either. I may try again next time I'm in the UK next summer. Customer service never has been a forte of British stores, in my experience...(I also went the day after the Brexit vote and my British savings were worth 20% less than they had been the previous day!)

    In the meantime, I picked up a pair of Fifth Avenues in the recent AE sale as my new black cap toe.

    N.B. I did pick up a couple of shirts at Charles Tyrwhitt and one at T. M. Lewin while I was in London.
    Yeah that doesn't make much sense. If you're a brannock 10.5 or 11, you would be a UK9.5 or 10. At most a half size down from that, but that obviously was too small. And nice grab on the Fifth Aves.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleagentChang View Post
    If you are a cardholder you get to stack the 15%. What I do is, I find what is on the website in store even if not my size, tell the associate to order it for me online with the in-store price + discount. This is because in store is almost always marked lower than online. Regarding the Wyatt, those are last seasons models so they are not everywhere anymore. What you can also do is, call the 1-800 number, give them the style number and they can do a nationwide in-store search. You can then call the store and have them ship it to you. Most of the time they waive the shipping but I spoke to an associate and they said since the 60% off is going on they wont do it now. But this is how I get my clothes SUPER cheap. Its a hassle, but I literally got these pants for $16.
    Nice little system you've got going there, despite the hassle.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sand1982 View Post
    Nice little system you've got going there, despite the hassle.
    I know right! It has been really helpful in getting my wardrobe together. I try to develop a relationship with the associates. Bring them lunch sometimes, constantly tell them how great they are at doing their job. You cant imagine how many strings they end up pulling.

  4. #14
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,710
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    @DoubleagentChang wow. Bringing them lunch. Buddy you are smooth!

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @DoubleagentChang wow. Bringing them lunch. Buddy you are smooth!
    Yeah, the thing is, everytime I walk up in there I typically buy a lot of stuff and they help me find loopholes to get good deal. Its time consuming and tiring for me and I assume it is for them as well. I'm in sales and love dealing with customers, so I am really appreciative when I see an associate taking pride in their work.

  6. #16
    Dappered Veteran Vicious49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,596
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleagentChang View Post
    Most of the time they waive the shipping but I spoke to an associate and they said since the 60% off is going on they wont do it now. But this is how I get my clothes SUPER cheap. Its a hassle, but I literally got these pants for $16.
    If you are a cardholder, shipping is always free. If you shop at BR a lot it's worth it to get their card. You get free hemming on pants and eatn credit towards reward certificates to use at BR with every dollar you spend. The rewards add up pretty quick. You also get their friends and family discount codes twice a year.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    If you are a cardholder, shipping is always free. If you shop at BR a lot it's worth it to get their card. You get free hemming on pants and eatn credit towards reward certificates to use at BR with every dollar you spend. The rewards add up pretty quick. You also get their friends and family discount codes twice a year.
    They now require you to be a "LUXE" member to get those alterations. You are right about those rewards though, I just wish I had signed up earlier.

  8. #18
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,710
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    If you are a cardholder, shipping is always free. If you shop at BR a lot it's worth it to get their card. You get free hemming on pants and eatn credit towards reward certificates to use at BR with every dollar you spend. The rewards add up pretty quick. You also get their friends and family discount codes twice a year.
    I do a fair share of shopping at BR, but I am getting more and more items from the GAP. Mind you if I pick up a card, the maybe I'll start shopping at BR more. I'd like to do more shopping at JC, but a) we get shafted on inventory here in Canada and b) the sales just never seem to be as good.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I do a fair share of shopping at BR, but I am getting more and more items from the GAP. Mind you if I pick up a card, the maybe I'll start shopping at BR more. I'd like to do more shopping at JC, but a) we get shafted on inventory here in Canada and b) the sales just never seem to be as good.
    One thing you can do if you want to save money without applying for the card is use giftcardgranny.com. Buy giftcards and you will save the same amount as the card holders. The only thing you wont get is the points. Quality difference between Gap and BR is significant if you ask me. Once you starting using gift card to get that extra 10-20%, it really makes it worth while.

  10. #20
    Dappered Veteran Vicious49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,596
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleagentChang View Post
    They now require you to be a "LUXE" member to get those alterations. You are right about those rewards though, I just wish I had signed up earlier.
    You're right. I forgot I was Luxe which is why I received all those benefits. The free shipping might be a Luxe thing too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •