Page 439 of 452 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 4516

Thread: What watch I wore today

  1. #4381
    Varsity Member minty007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    Shark brasso today

    Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

  2. #4382
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    653
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tayloreuph View Post
    A little sample of the 666 collection I’m featuring for #hellweek. Band camp starts this week, so a 666 homage to keep myself amused while they work like demons
    Nice devil divers!

  3. #4383
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Speedy on that kizzi NASA strap at rattlesnake ledge near Seattle, WA.

    Also, does anyone have buying advice for a stainless steel submariner. Is this a good deal? Want one to keep and use essentially as a tool watch in rotation with my other keepers. Would love to see a few and try em out but haven't been able to find a store that has one
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f30/fs...topics/5014893

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  4. #4384
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Picked up this JLC Deep Sea Chronograph I never thought I’d own.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang hadn't seen one of those before, diggin it dude.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #4385
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Burst burst burst!



    Modded Invicta on homemade natural veg-tan band.


    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  6. #4386
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportocasin View Post
    Thanks. I had to have it refurbished a couple of years ago and I'm happy with the results. Here's an article about the history of this model:
    https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/bu...lane-ever-made
    I have that same watch. Wear it once every two weeks or so. Mine needs refurbished. Any advice or recommendations?

  7. #4387
    Super Moderator LesserBlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,470
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2052 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmacgas View Post
    Speedy on that kizzi NASA strap at rattlesnake ledge near Seattle, WA.

    Also, does anyone have buying advice for a stainless steel submariner. Is this a good deal? Want one to keep and use essentially as a tool watch in rotation with my other keepers. Would love to see a few and try em out but haven't been able to find a store that has one
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f30/fs...topics/5014893

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I'm a big Rolex fanboy but... to be honest the market for SS Rolex watches is currently bonkers and shows no signs of relenting. Even really basic, uninteresting SS models like the Sub and Sub Date are either months-long waitlist pieces or you're going to pay a $2,000+ markup to get one now from a grey market dealer. Prices on pre-owned pieces, including historically uninteresting, generic 10-, 20-, 30-year-old models, have skyrocketed as well as new models have become impossible to find at MSRP.

    Basically it's a terrible time to get into SS Rolex sports watches unless you've got a lot more money than sense.
    Ben

  8. #4388
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    148
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I'm a big Rolex fanboy but... to be honest the market for SS Rolex watches is currently bonkers and shows no signs of relenting. Even really basic, uninteresting SS models like the Sub and Sub Date are either months-long waitlist pieces or you're going to pay a $2,000+ markup to get one now from a grey market dealer. Prices on pre-owned pieces, including historically uninteresting, generic 10-, 20-, 30-year-old models, have skyrocketed as well as new models have become impossible to find at MSRP.

    Basically it's a terrible time to get into SS Rolex sports watches unless you've got a lot more money than sense.
    Yeah even in the past year the price seems to have gone up $1000 or so for a SS sub. Do you think theyre going to come back down soon?

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #4389
    Dappered Veteran Vicious49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,591
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #4390
    Dappered Veteran Vicious49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,591
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmacgas View Post
    Yeah even in the past year the price seems to have gone up $1000 or so for a SS sub. Do you think theyre going to come back down soon?

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    No one can answer that.

    My opinion is that the prices have to come down. At the moment everyone the economy is doing well and everyone is spending beyond their means. China is buying up Rolex like theirs no tomorrow which leads to a shortage and then speculators jump in which leads to waitlist, etc. As soon as the economy goes down folks will realize what they've been doing and act more fiscally responsible. The waitlists will start to disappear which then will lead to watches being more readily available and the prices slowly creeping back down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •