Page 292 of 316 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3158

Thread: What watch I wore today

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    I'll be interested to know how you get on long term with the Farer, once the honeymoon period wears off. Their watches look interesting but then the same thing that makes them attractive (bright colors) also makes me think they might not be as versatile as your standard dials.

I just picked up something I probably shouldn't have but have been meaning to try for a while. Can't wait for it to arrive. All I will say is - white dial, titanium, very unique movement.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    880 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I'll be interested to know how you get on long term with the Farer, once the honeymoon period wears off. Their watches look interesting but then the same thing that makes them attractive (bright colors) also makes me think they might not be as versatile as your standard dials.

I just picked up something I probably shouldn't have but have been meaning to try for a while. Can't wait for it to arrive. All I will say is - white dial, titanium, very unique movement.
    Sometimes versatile isn't what you are going for.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Sometimes versatile isn't what you are going for.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I usually end up getting bored with the non-versatile watches. Over time I find myself trying to find ways to wear the watch rather than knowing it will easily go with what I already have on. Depends on how you look at your 'collection'. I rotate through a lot of watches but try to limit myself to about 4 at a time. Currently what I'm holding on to (since I'm going to be listing the Monta and Sinn 556a for sale):

- Rolex 5 digit date Sub - I think it's the most versatile watch I've come across. Works with a dress shirt and trousers as well as a polo and jeans
    - Omega Bond SMP (the Pierce Brosnan one) - I wear it on a Nato and works great with most semi-casual outfits
    - Sinn 103 chrono - Works with most casual outfits. And everyone needs a chrono
    - Grand Seiko Snowflake - Waiting for this one to arrive so can't comment on it yet

I'm sure some may think my watches are boring but I tend to like that about them.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    880 Post(s)
    I usually end up getting bored with the non-versatile watches. Over time I find myself trying to find ways to wear the watch rather than knowing it will easily go with what I already have on. Depends on how you look at your 'collection'. I rotate through a lot of watches but try to limit myself to about 4 at a time. Currently what I'm holding on to (since I'm going to be listing the Monta and Sinn 556a for sale):

- Rolex 5 digit date Sub - I think it's the most versatile watch I've come across. Works with a dress shirt and trousers as well as a polo and jeans
    - Omega Bond SMP (the Pierce Brosnan one) - I wear it on a Nato and works great with most semi-casual outfits
    - Sinn 103 chrono - Works with most casual outfits. And everyone needs a chrono
    - Grand Seiko Snowflake - Waiting for this one to arrive so can't comment on it yet

I'm sure some may think my watches are boring but I tend to like that about them.
    I am right there with you, but everyone does things differently. My good friend loves his bright and loud watches. To him, a sunburst orange is one of his most versatile "off duty" watches and he wears his yellow pogue to work a lot. Based on what he wears, he actually isn't wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I've gone over to the dark side....

I mentioned in an earlier thread that I was going to buy a Garmin Fenix 5S.

I did... and wore it for a while... and it was ok.... Functionally speaking, it was great. But it was heavy, it was chunky, and the lugs were extremely long to accommodate the proprietary quick change strap system. Despite being "only" 42mm (small for a smart watch/HRM/GPS watch), it was still too big to wear comfortably under a shirt cuff due to being quite thick and blocky in shape.

So I ended up going to my local sporting goods store to try out alternatives, and ended up finding the Forerunner 645. Basically the same module but a different case. Despite being bigger on paper (42.5mm vs 42mm), the Forerunner 645 actually wears quite a bit smaller because it is thinner, lighter, with much shorter lugs (that take standard 20mm straps), and a domed bezel shape.

I stuck this on a cheapo mesh strap and have had a hard time wearing anything else since. Gonna sell my Fenix on Craigslist since it is the kind of thing I might actually have a shot at selling locally (outdoor recreation and fitness is big here).
    I’ve been looking at a Garmin watch recently, too, but outside of exercise I’m a pretty strict one watch guy (currently a Seiko SKX007). What are your thoughts on how that will hold up as an everyday watch once the “honeymoon phase” is over? Also, how do you think the stainless bezel on the black case works?
    The Forerunner 935 is honestly what I’m most intrigued by, probably on a black leather strap for work, etc., but I’m assuming you would have dismissed that one due to size, if it was at the store you went to.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwwilker View Post
    Just got this little guy. Absolutely stunning!

Sent using Tapatalk
    Looks great - did you buy it new? I really like mine.

You raise a good point. I have gone back and forth with mine. I avoid wearing it with bright colored clothing (e.g. red) where the teal dial would clash. But when the rest of my outfit is a little more neutral, it's nice to strap some color onto my wrist

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

To me, the Lander isn't as loud as a few of their other offerings. The dial is what drew me more than anything...and I've been eyeing it since they originally released it. I have wanted to add a blue(ish) watch to my rotation, and looked between this and the Sinn 556i B. The Sinn's blue, though, is so similar to most other blue watches - that deep blue that's almost black in some lighting. There's not mistaking this blue, though. With that said, it's obviously not for everyone. But I view a watch in slightly the same vein as I do with socks - it's one of the few pieces of my outfit that I can have some fun with.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajs116 View Post
    Looks great - did you buy it new? I really like mine.
    I did. I had looked around for a used model, but ultimately decided on new.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    880 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwwilker View Post
    To me, the Lander isn't as loud as a few of their other offerings. The dial is what drew me more than anything...and I've been eyeing it since they originally released it. I have wanted to add a blue(ish) watch to my rotation, and looked between this and the Sinn 556i B. The Sinn's blue, though, is so similar to most other blue watches - that deep blue that's almost black in some lighting. There's not mistaking this blue, though. With that said, it's obviously not for everyone. But I view a watch in slightly the same vein as I do with socks - it's one of the few pieces of my outfit that I can have some fun with.
    especially this time of year. I miss my Deaumar Ensigns. I had a sunburst orange and a blue. Bright and vibrant and a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Seiko SNK on a green perlon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk