Page 314 of 338 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3371

Thread: What watch I wore today

  1. #3131
    Varsity Member Nandyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    693
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post


    Cat - falling asleep
    Watch - Rolex Submariner 14060


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Today must be pet day! I posted one of my pup being sad/sleepy before work just before your post!

  2. #3132
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    64
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)


    Timex today

  3. #3133
    Varsity Member jwwilker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)
    Geckota K1 Type B on grey suede



    Sent using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

  4. #3134
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwwilker View Post
    Geckota K1 Type B on grey suede



    Sent using Tapatalk
    That is such a beautiful watch! I'm really thinking about picking one up but haven't seen a lot of reviews outside of your earlier note - any complaints or concerns about the watch in general?

  5. #3135
    Varsity Member jwwilker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
    That is such a beautiful watch! I'm really thinking about picking one up but haven't seen a lot of reviews outside of your earlier note - any complaints or concerns about the watch in general?
    Three words: Do. Not. Hesitate.

    The quality of this thing absolutely blew me away. I originally bought it because I wanted a fun Type-B Flieger, and for just north of $500 with an ETA (they have plenty of coupon codes), I assumed I'd get a decent watch. What I received was something that is outstandingly finished. The Type-B dials all have thermally-blued hands (Type-A have chamfered rhodium handsets). The case is a mixture of radial & horizontal brushing, polishing (bezel & chamfered lugs), and some minor sand blasting on the case back. Add to that a pretty decent movement and you have a killer package.

    Seriously - I'd put this very close to my Monta Triumph in terms of finishing. It's that good.

  6. #3136
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    40mm-geckota-k1-l03-b-type

    Quote Originally Posted by jwwilker View Post
    Three words: Do. Not. Hesitate.

    The quality of this thing absolutely blew me away. I originally bought it because I wanted a fun Type-B Flieger, and for just north of $500 with an ETA (they have plenty of coupon codes), I assumed I'd get a decent watch. What I received was something that is outstandingly finished. The Type-B dials all have thermally-blued hands (Type-A have chamfered rhodium handsets). The case is a mixture of radial & horizontal brushing, polishing (bezel & chamfered lugs), and some minor sand blasting on the case back. Add to that a pretty decent movement and you have a killer package.

    Seriously - I'd put this very close to my Monta Triumph in terms of finishing. It's that good.

    Really liking that, though I would be happier with the seiko movement pricepoint (about $250). Do they flip back and forth between the two movements, or are the strictly ETA now?

  7. #3137
    Varsity Member jwwilker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrage View Post
    Really liking that, though I would be happier with the seiko movement pricepoint (about $250). Do they flip back and forth between the two movements, or are the strictly ETA now?
    I think they are trying to really drive a value proposition and compete with some of the other more established microbrands. There's a video on YouTube of the founders explaining the new design of the K1. Essentially, they are a couple of watch collectors who started making watches as a spin-off of their passion. They wanted to deliver the most value and the highest quality they could muster, and that led to the new design. The older K1s were substantially thicker - borderline too thick for a pilot's watch - which was the biggest complaint they received.

    Sent using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

  8. #3138
    Varsity Member jwwilker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    115 Post(s)
    Continuing the Flieger theme with the Maratac Mid on a custom olive strap




    Sent using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jwwilker; September 14th, 2018 at 01:09 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram! @wilkstime

  9. #3139
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,094
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1110 Post(s)


    Rolex 14060.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #3140
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •