Thread: Best rugged-ish olive, rust or brown chinos

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    156 Post(s)

Best rugged-ish olive, rust or brown chinos

I'm in the market for some good quality, rugged chinos for casual weekend wear. Do you guys have any thoughts on comparisons between Flint & Tinder; Gustins Duck Canvas, Best Made Co's Service Chino; or some of the more mainstream offerings?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I bought the flint & tinder 365 pants in olive. My favorite pants so far, extremely comfortable, great fit and definitely work with a lot of outfits.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I’m a huge fan of the Railcar Fine Goods flight trousers. I think there are two colors right now. Not cheap but indestructible and break in very nicely. Wearing them today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)
    I second the Flint and Tinder 365 pant - they are very comfortable and soft. If you want them for hard labor I'd maybe get something a little less refined (and less expensive - maybe Dickies or Carhartt). They're durable enough for everyday wear to the office or weekend casual wear (mine are two years old and going strong). They have 5 pocket jean styling so if you want something with the traditional side seam pockets you'll have to look elsewhere.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    I've got Gustins I've had for 2 years now that are just barely starting to show fade/wear.

If that's any indicator on how their earth-tone offerings fare, I would say you're in good hands there.

Bonobos has some really nice stuff in their sale section too, and with EXTRA40 you're taking another 40% off. That would be a good hard look I'd take over there, but YMMV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Check out Kuhl Rydr pants.