Page 141 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1453

Thread: What watch I wore today

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    657 Post(s)
    Picked up this guy and wasn't crazy about its bulk at first. Swapped straps around and finally landed on a rubber strap that I think matches up well and is definitely more comfortable.

Armida A7 on Deaumar isofrane style strap.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Picked up this guy and wasn't crazy about its bulk at first. Swapped straps around and finally landed on a rubber strap that I think matches up well and is definitely more comfortable.

Armida A7 on Deaumar isofrane style strap.
    That looks awesome, especially on a rubber strap.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)
    Costco seems to do that "exclusive model" thing often. Solid pickups. I jeep going back and forth on the turtle. I like the gilt version but not sure the case size will wear ok for my 6.5 inch wrist. Kinda tiny arms.
    I'd recommend trying one on in-person if you can. I read online that the Turtle wears pretty similar to the SKX007. My wrists are tinier than yours, 6", and I feel like the Turtle is right on the edge of wearable for me.

The Turtle is noticeably nicer than the SKX series in terms of build quality and finish - applied indices, a slight texture to the dial, as well as the hacking/handwinding 4s36 movement and the beefier bracelet. Between that and the cushion case, IMO it's not necessarily redundant to the SKX007 as part of a larger watch collection.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    657 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I'd recommend trying one on in-person if you can. I read online that the Turtle wears pretty similar to the SKX007. My wrists are tinier than yours, 6", and I feel like the Turtle is right on the edge of wearable for me.

The Turtle is noticeably nicer than the SKX series in terms of build quality and finish - applied indices, a slight texture to the dial, as well as the hacking/handwinding 4236 movement and the beefier bracelet. Between that and the cushion case, IMO it's not necessarily redundant to the SKX007 as part of a larger watch collection.
    Good info, thanks. I have 3 Skxs and am fine with that size. Gilt watches that aren't sub clones are hard to find.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)
    Here's a comparison shot with the SKX007.

There are a few such comparison shots you can google - honestly, it seems like one or the other watch can look bigger just based on the camera angle.

The Turtle is definitely a brilliant design in terms of maintaining comfort/wearability for its size. Between the offset crown, the bowl-like shape of the case and the tapering "wings" of the cushion sides, and the short lug-to-lug length, this doesn't feel like the big watch that it is.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    657 Post(s)
    Here's a comparison shot with the SKX007.

There are a few such comparison shots you can google - honestly, it seems like one or the other watch can look bigger just based on the camera angle.

The Turtle is definitely a brilliant design in terms of maintaining comfort/wearability for its size. Between the offset crown, the bowl-like shape of the case and the tapering "wings" of the cushion sides, and the short lug-to-lug length, this doesn't feel like the big watch that it is.
    yeah, that is pretty in line with what i have heard. There are angles of the turtle I dont love though. I wish they made a gilt sumo. I might see if I can just mod one. Sumo watch, srp775 dial, and a gilt insert. That becomes an expensive watch though.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1415 Post(s)
    yeah, that is pretty in line with what i have heard. There are angles of the turtle I dont love though. I wish they made a gilt sumo. I might see if I can just mod one. Sumo watch, srp775 dial, and a gilt insert. That becomes an expensive watch though.
    There's always the Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms. $140 on Amazon. Not a "real" dive watch though. 100m water resist, push-pull crown.

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNZH57-.../dp/B004673QPE
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    657 Post(s)
    There's always the Seiko Fifty Five Fathoms. $140 on Amazon. Not a "real" dive watch though. 100m water resist, push-pull crown.

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNZH57-.../dp/B004673QPE
    Yeah, and that dial has a LOT of gold. It's an option for a dial swap though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    finally ordered the SKX013 (mid-sized brother to the SKX007/009) after literally years of thinking about it. Mostly because I finally saw one priced under $200 on bracelet. It's always bothered me that the SKX013 has usually been priced $50+ higher than the SKX007 despite being the same watch. I've been swapping this between the bracelet (chintzy but very comfortable) and various NATO straps.

Been thinking about pulling the trigger on the SKX013 too (just under $200 on Jomashop). Really wish I could find the SKX015 pepsi bezel version, but can't seem to find them anywhere. Have you noticed the SKX013 lugs appear proportionally longer than the SKX007 lugs? I think it's more pronounced on a NATO.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    657 Post(s)
    Did some hiking with the family yesterday and went with my timex on perlon. Today is rainy and errands so swapping up to the seiko mod