Page 140 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1699

Thread: What watch I wore today

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    curious too. they have been creeping up in price lately.
    See above...$50. I had seen the prices creep up as well and figured I would have to pay more.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Quoted
    692 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwillhinton View Post
    See above...$50. I had seen the prices creep up as well and figured I would have to pay more.
    Oh, yeah, that's a good price lately. Good pickup

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydogisajedi View Post
    A gift from my Dad this past weekend. A true piece of art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice watch. I heard on a recent podcast that Breitling was just purchased by CVC Capital Partners. Wonder what impact (if any) it will have on their watches.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    179 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodwillhinton View Post
    That's a great price! All the ones I've seen on ebay lately have been up around $100, if not more.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    My Cocktail Time came today and it's pretty cool. Thanks for the great intro to watch world, guys.

The face is even better than the photos. The strap is too small for me. I am trying to break it in a little bit and see if it will stretch. Anyone here try a Perlon strap with Cocktail Time?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    209 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gochrisgo View Post
    My Cocktail Time came today and it's pretty cool. Thanks for the great intro to watch world, guys.

The face is even better than the photos. The strap is too small for me. I am trying to break it in a little bit and see if it will stretch. Anyone here try a Perlon strap with Cocktail Time?
    I wouldn't bank on a leather strap stretching to fit you. I haven't but a quick google search shows some nice looking combos out there. Glad you're liking the watch!

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Quoted
    755 Post(s)

Went back with his stylish big boy today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Quoted
    692 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gochrisgo View Post

you might not be thanking us after a few purchases. And yeah, the stock strap with that is pretty bad. I have never really had one stretch either.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    A couple new pickups for summer... finally ordered the SKX013 (mid-sized brother to the SKX007/009) after literally years of thinking about it. Mostly because I finally saw one priced under $200 on bracelet. It's always bothered me that the SKX013 has usually been priced $50+ higher than the SKX007 despite being the same watch. I've been swapping this between the bracelet (chintzy but very comfortable) and various NATO straps.

While waiting for that to arrive in the mail I snagged this Seiko Turtle remake after seeing it at Costco for a good price (better than Turtles are currently priced on Amazon). Interestingly, after a little research it turns out this particular Turtle seems to be a Costco exclusive model (Pepsi bezel and black dial like the SRP779, but sold on a bracelet rather than a rubber strap). I swapped the bracelet for a NATO (pictured) and now a rubber strap. Despite being huge (44mm) it is surprisingly wearable and comfortable thanks to the case shape and 48mm lug to lug.

Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Quoted
    692 Post(s)
    Costco seems to do that "exclusive model" thing often. Solid pickups. I jeep going back and forth on the turtle. I like the gilt version but not sure the case size will wear ok for my 6.5 inch wrist. Kinda tiny arms.