Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 106

Thread: Show Off Your Shine!

  1. #1
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,307
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)

    Show Off Your Shine!

    After wearing them, my next favorite thing to do with my shoes is to put a great shine on them. I spent about an hour last night on these. So, I showed mine, now you show yours. BTW: AE MacNeil in ox blood.

    It's Friday--hit me with your best shine!

    Last edited by mebejoseph; May 11th, 2018 at 12:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,317
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    I'm a bit busy to take the time to properly post-process these but here's a generic representation. Still works in progress.


    Strands by Armed Ferret, on Flickr


    Park Aves by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

  3. #3
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,307
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)
    @armedferret

    Nice--I thought I would be seeing some of yours. I was super impressed with the shine you put on those cordovan boots!

  4. #4
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,317
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    @armedferret

    Nice--I thought I would be seeing some of yours. I was super impressed with the shine you put on those cordovan boots!
    Obliged, but in the spirit of transparency shell is way easier than calf. Cordovan cream and brush. Not 374 super thin layers of wax

  5. #5
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,307
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Obliged, but in the spirit of transparency shell is way easier than calf. Cordovan cream and brush. Not 374 super thin layers of wax
    I was wondering about that. I have never owned a pair of cordovan shell shoes and I don't know that I want to make that large of an investment.

    But thanks for giving me a bit more incentive to think about doing it.

  6. #6
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,317
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I was wondering about that. I have never owned a pair of cordovan shell shoes and I don't know that I want to make that large of an investment.

    But thanks for giving me a bit more incentive to think about doing it.
    The AE seconds frequently go to 399 on shoebank. My Daltons are seconds. You get 50 cents if you can find the flaw

  7. #7
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,307
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    The AE seconds frequently go to 399 on shoebank. My Daltons are seconds. You get 50 cents if you can find the flaw
    I blew them up full size on my 32 inch screen and I can't see anything.


  8. #8
    Super Moderator LesserBlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,487
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    The AE seconds frequently go to 399 on shoebank. My Daltons are seconds. You get 50 cents if you can find the flaw
    The flaw is they are not on my feet.

    I'll DM you my Paypal address for that $0.50.
    Ben

  9. #9
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,317
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    436 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    The flaw is they are not on my feet.

    I'll DM you my Paypal address for that $0.50.
    Clever but no sir.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I think there is a extra brougue pinhole on the right middle of the medallion on the left shoe. These directions are all from my perspective by the way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •