Page 276 of 315 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3147

Thread: What watch I wore today

  1. #2751
    Varsity Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,320
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    Much better placement of their logo on that Christopher Ward piece. Beautiful watch.

  2. #2752
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    2,934
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1046 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog wow. That is a nice looking watch. Perhaps CW heard the masses and decided to make some changes.

  3. #2753
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    2,934
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1046 Post(s)


    Haven't posted here in a while so here ya go. Noting new but a watch all the same.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #2754
    Dappered Veteran Vicious49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    3,487
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Not a watch I wore but figured I’d share this here.

    I’ve not been particularly impressed by most of what Christopher Ward has done recently but I was perusing their site and came across this:

    [img]https://media.christopherward.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/c/0/c03-39qch3-s00w1-lc_3d-new.jpg[/
    https://www.christopherward.com/watc...d-tourer-range

    All I can say is: Daaaaang.
    I was trying to decide between that or the blue face but then realized it doesn't meet their current coupon threshold. I will have to wait until it eventually gets marked down as most CWs do.

    The other one I really liked was the new bronze 38mm trident diver. I almost purchased it until my wife confirmed that the bronze wouldn't look good against my skin tone.

  5. #2755
    Super Moderator LesserBlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,896
    Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I was trying to decide between that or the blue face but then realized it doesn't meet their current coupon threshold. I will have to wait until it eventually gets marked down as most CWs do.

    The other one I really liked was the new bronze 38mm trident diver. I almost purchased it until my wife confirmed that the bronze wouldn't look good against my skin tone.
    I normally dig a panda dial but for me I feel like the silver dial is the clear choice on this watch... very reminiscent of midcentury chronographs like this pre-Daytona Rolex oyster chronograph.



    Contrast subdials seem more like a '70s style feature to me.
    Ben

  6. #2756
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    901
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    The other one I really liked was the new bronze 38mm trident diver. I almost purchased it until my wife confirmed that the bronze wouldn't look good against my skin tone.
    Oh god. I had no idea the bronze trident was now available in 38mm. I currently have a bronze armida that I really like but it's a little too chunky for my tastes. Just might flip one of mine to go towards picking one up.

  7. #2757
    Varsity Member Nandyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Oh god. I had no idea the bronze trident was now available in 38mm. I currently have a bronze armida that I really like but it's a little too chunky for my tastes. Just might flip one of mine to go towards picking one up.
    Those Trident Bronze ones seem a bit chunky in the images, too, though...but man, those Trident 65 Divers look awesome.

    Wearing the Esteem today, been awhile. Made a strap for it yesterday since this one's a 22mm vs the 20mm straps I made for my other watches. This time a very dark navy/denim & left the natural veg tan color as is in the perfs.





    Was originally going to keep it solid, but it looked boring so gave it some speed holes.
    Last edited by Nandyn; May 17th, 2018 at 12:30 AM.

  8. #2758
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    901
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    @Nandyn True, 12.7mm is still a little clunky but that's not too bad for a diver watch. Mainly I'm comparing it to my current bronze Armida which is 42mm and almost 16mm thick w/the slightly domed glass. Going from that to the trident would be a big step down in wrist bulk for me.

  9. #2759
    Varsity Member Nandyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    @Nandyn True, 12.7mm is still a little clunky but that's not too bad for a diver watch. Mainly I'm comparing it to my current bronze Armida which is 42mm and almost 16mm thick w/the slightly domed glass. Going from that to the trident would be a big step down in wrist bulk for me.
    Oh, gotcha. That armida is indeed quite thick! You could do some serious damage playing Front Hand Back Hand.

  10. #2760
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,937
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    875 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    @Nandyn True, 12.7mm is still a little clunky but that's not too bad for a diver watch. Mainly I'm comparing it to my current bronze Armida which is 42mm and almost 16mm thick w/the slightly domed glass. Going from that to the trident would be a big step down in wrist bulk for me.
    I had a blue A7 and loved everything about it...except for that thickness. Just couldnt keep it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •