Page 276 of 315 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 3147

Thread: What watch I wore today

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    421 Post(s)
    Much better placement of their logo on that Christopher Ward piece. Beautiful watch.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1046 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog wow. That is a nice looking watch. Perhaps CW heard the masses and decided to make some changes.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1046 Post(s)

Haven't posted here in a while so here ya go. Noting new but a watch all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    473 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Not a watch I wore but figured I’d share this here.

I’ve not been particularly impressed by most of what Christopher Ward has done recently but I was perusing their site and came across this:

[img]https://media.christopherward.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/c/0/c03-39qch3-s00w1-lc_3d-new.jpg[/
    https://www.christopherward.com/watc...d-tourer-range

All I can say is: Daaaaang.
    I was trying to decide between that or the blue face but then realized it doesn't meet their current coupon threshold. I will have to wait until it eventually gets marked down as most CWs do.

The other one I really liked was the new bronze 38mm trident diver. I almost purchased it until my wife confirmed that the bronze wouldn't look good against my skin tone.

Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I was trying to decide between that or the blue face but then realized it doesn't meet their current coupon threshold. I will have to wait until it eventually gets marked down as most CWs do.

The other one I really liked was the new bronze 38mm trident diver. I almost purchased it until my wife confirmed that the bronze wouldn't look good against my skin tone.
    I normally dig a panda dial but for me I feel like the silver dial is the clear choice on this watch... very reminiscent of midcentury chronographs like this pre-Daytona Rolex oyster chronograph.

Contrast subdials seem more like a '70s style feature to me.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Oh god. I had no idea the bronze trident was now available in 38mm. I currently have a bronze armida that I really like but it's a little too chunky for my tastes. Just might flip one of mine to go towards picking one up.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    Oh god. I had no idea the bronze trident was now available in 38mm. I currently have a bronze armida that I really like but it's a little too chunky for my tastes. Just might flip one of mine to go towards picking one up.
    Those Trident Bronze ones seem a bit chunky in the images, too, though...but man, those Trident 65 Divers look awesome.

Wearing the Esteem today, been awhile. Made a strap for it yesterday since this one's a 22mm vs the 20mm straps I made for my other watches. This time a very dark navy/denim & left the natural veg tan color as is in the perfs.

Was originally going to keep it solid, but it looked boring so gave it some speed holes.
    Last edited by Nandyn; May 17th, 2018 at 12:30 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    312 Post(s)
    @Nandyn True, 12.7mm is still a little clunky but that's not too bad for a diver watch. Mainly I'm comparing it to my current bronze Armida which is 42mm and almost 16mm thick w/the slightly domed glass. Going from that to the trident would be a big step down in wrist bulk for me.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    189 Post(s)
    @Nandyn True, 12.7mm is still a little clunky but that's not too bad for a diver watch. Mainly I'm comparing it to my current bronze Armida which is 42mm and almost 16mm thick w/the slightly domed glass. Going from that to the trident would be a big step down in wrist bulk for me.
    Oh, gotcha. That armida is indeed quite thick! You could do some serious damage playing Front Hand Back Hand.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    875 Post(s)
    I had a blue A7 and loved everything about it...except for that thickness. Just couldnt keep it.