Page 52 of 474 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: What watch I wore today

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here's another one of my hand-me-downs. I got this from my grandfather. It was either his or his father's (my great-grandfather). It's a circa 1950 Benrus 17 jewel mechanical wind up on an old (original?) textile band. Benrus isn't a premium collectible brand but this watch runs like a champ and I love the way it looks. It's also a good size and very lightweight. Plus, I have the family connection to make it special.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    The nice day called for my Baby Tuna coupled with a golden brown Hirsh Lucca strap. Been keep my eye out for the butterfly clasp in the meantime.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    @rmacneill Your picture isn't showing up, might want to consider uploading via tapatalk or an image hosting site like Imgur if you aren't doing that already.
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminado View Post
    @rmacneill Your picture isn't showing up, might want to consider uploading via tapatalk or an image hosting site like Imgur if you aren't doing that already.
    @Terminado OK, thanks for the heads up. I'll try another image host. Stay tuned...

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

What watch I wore today

Quote Originally Posted by Heafcliffe View Post
    The nice day called for my Baby Tuna coupled with a golden brown Hirsh Lucca strap. Been keep my eye out for the butterfly clasp in the meantime.
    I got an RHD deployant clasp for my non-OEM Hirsh Grand Duke ( http://www.hirschstraps.com/collecti...ch-strap-black ) that I got for my Speedy. These clasps are pretty well reviewed on WUS type places. So far I've found it to be pretty nice and a consistent closure. Just make sure you're ordering the right size (measuring for the size at the buckle end of the strap, not the end near the watch case), and it's easy to install. Link is here (janky website, but easy to order and Bob was quick to ship): http://www.mywatchmaker.net/deployantclasp.htm

Edit: A pic on Speedy Tuesday to show the clasp--

Last edited by hornsup84; October 4th, 2016 at 03:34 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I got an RHD deployant clasp for my non-OEM Hirsh Grand Duke ( http://www.hirschstraps.com/collecti...ch-strap-black ) that I got for my Speedy. These clasps are pretty well reviewed on WUS type places. So far I've found it to be pretty nice and a consistent closure. Just make sure you're ordering the right size (measuring for the size at the buckle end of the strap, not the end near the watch case), and it's easy to install. Link is here (janky website, but easy to order and Bob was quick to ship): http://www.mywatchmaker.net/deployantclasp.htm

Much appreciated. They look great. I will definitely look into them. Thanks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post

is there actually any benefit to a deployment clasp as opposed to just using the band?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    is there actually any benefit to a deployment clasp as opposed to just using the band?
    I think they look cooler/cleaner than tang buckles, plus I find that they're easier to put on and stress the strap a lot less (i.e., you don't have to bend the leather a ton, stick it into the right hole, then bend the remainder into the stays), which will keep the band in better shape for longer. If you're clumsy, a deployant also provides less risk of the watch dropping while you're putting it on or taking it off your wrist.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Nothing to post for today as the ol' Seiko Sports 150 is holding down the wrist, as it has for the last month. However, my precious Seamaster is scheduled to get back to me tomorrow (FINALLY), and boy oh boy will I be photographing the heck out of it.
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1454 Post(s)

Went with the Rodina today. Haven't worn it in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk