Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3154

Thread: What watch I wore today

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    876 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Not a mechanical watch... I have a collection of those. My only two non-mechanical watches in my collection are a Soviet era Electronika (acquired in Uzbekistan, a story in of itself) from the early 1980s and this Garmin Fenix 5x which is technically a “smart watch”. Has GPS, altimeter etc...

This watch is my go to for four things. Running, hiking, skiing and activities where I think a mechanical watch might take too much of a beating.

Garmin Fenix 5x

And the older cousin...

NII-Zavod Elektronika 1 (circa 1983)
    have been considering a garmin for hiking/camping. good looking watch

Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1738 Post(s)
    I’d been really good about not buying new stuff for the past month or so until I decided to order a Garmin Fenix 5s Sapphire. I’ve been doing more fitness tracking lately but I’ve been annoyed that a lot of my most intense workouts barely register on my Misfit Ray since all it recognizes are arm swings. I decided I wanted something with both wrist-based HR monitoring and GPS tracking, and suddenly, bye bye $500

I’m half worried and half excited that I might like it so much that it supplants all my “real” watches for daily wear....
    Ben

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1052 Post(s)

Seiko SKX009 on a new to me NATO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    128 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    This Monta Triumph is my latest pickup. I can’t say enough good things about this watch. It is hard to explain the beauty of the polishing/brushing they've done with the case unless you see it in person. They perfected the dimensions of the case. It's perfect thickness at under 10 mm. And the thicker lugs makes it wear a bit bigger than it's 38.5mm size.

They truly are amazing. They punch way above their price point. Love the blue dial, too!

Sent using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)
    Dat dial, though!

Sent using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrake View Post
    Casio Europe has a new Edifice model that I am seriously considering. For $70 through Amazon it seems like a pretty solid deal for a slightly more dressy sports watch. It also comes in a white or blue face. https://www.edifice-watches.eu/euro/...v-100d-1avuef/ My main concern from looking at photos is that the bracelet is going to be garbage, but I have some 20mm straps I could swap out.

Amazon lists the diameter at 42mm and 40mm in different places on their page. I think Casio often lists their case diameter including the crown so I'm hoping that the diameter without crown is 40mm which is a pretty good size for this style watch. Here's the Casio Europe page https://www.edifice-watches.eu/euro/...v-100d-1avuef/

I got this watch on Friday and I've been wearing it since. The case is 40mm wide excluding the crown and crown guard, measured with digital calipers. Casio seems to list their watches with the width including crown or crown guard. The watch is pretty nice for $80. The case is nicely finished with a polished bezel, brushed lug tops, polished bevel on the lugs, and the side of the case is brushed. There's a shoreline about halfway down the side of the case below which it's polished and rounded down to meet the case back. The crown is screw-down and signed with the Edifice logo. The lugs are pretty long, nicely curved, and they flow into the body of the case nicely.

The dial is sunburst except at the chapter ring where it has a thin racetrack. The indices are applied thin metal chisel shapes with lume. Lume is decent, not as good as Seiko but better than the Citizen I have. It think it's better than the lume on my Casio MDV-106. The lume is stronger on the hands that it is on the indices. It's a nice looking dial, it checks a lot of boxes that I was looking for.

I can confirm that the bracelet is a rattly, squeaky, hollow link mess. I pulled it off and have been alternating between a green RAF NATO and a brown leather slip through strap. I'm thinking about getting a nicer oyster style bracelet for it, but I think I might miss being able to easily swap between straps like I do with the leather and NATO straps I'm using now.

Overall, I think it's a nice watch. I was comparing it to the MDV-106 (Marlin) in my head because I think they both are cheap quartz watches that look more expensive than they are. I think the Edifice straddles the line between casual and dressy well. If it was on a nice bracelet or nice leather strap, it would definitely work with a suit. It would equally work with a casual outfit. One difference between the Edifice and the Marlin is the Marlin is much heavier. The Edifice is closer in weight to my Seiko 5 (SNK809).

Here, have some crappy pictures.
    Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1052 Post(s)

It's an Explorer II kinda day.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    876 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrake View Post
    I got this watch on Friday and I've been wearing it since. The case is 40mm wide excluding the crown and crown guard, measured with digital calipers. Casio seems to list their watches with the width including crown or crown guard. The watch is pretty nice for $80. The case is nicely finished with a polished bezel, brushed lug tops, polished bevel on the lugs, and the side of the case is brushed. There's a shoreline about halfway down the side of the case below which it's polished and rounded down to meet the case back. The crown is screw-down and signed with the Edifice logo. The lugs are pretty long, nicely curved, and they flow into the body of the case nicely.

The dial is sunburst except at the chapter ring where it has a thin racetrack. The indices are applied thin metal chisel shapes with lume. Lume is decent, not as good as Seiko but better than the Citizen I have. It think it's better than the lume on my Casio MDV-106. The lume is stronger on the hands that it is on the indices. It's a nice looking dial, it checks a lot of boxes that I was looking for.

I can confirm that the bracelet is a rattly, squeaky, hollow link mess. I pulled it off and have been alternating between a green RAF NATO and a brown leather slip through strap. I'm thinking about getting a nicer oyster style bracelet for it, but I think I might miss being able to easily swap between straps like I do with the leather and NATO straps I'm using now.

Overall, I think it's a nice watch. I was comparing it to the MDV-106 (Marlin) in my head because I think they both are cheap quartz watches that look more expensive than they are. I think the Edifice straddles the line between casual and dressy well. If it was on a nice bracelet or nice leather strap, it would definitely work with a suit. It would equally work with a casual outfit. One difference between the Edifice and the Marlin is the Marlin is much heavier. The Edifice is closer in weight to my Seiko 5 (SNK809).

Here, have some crappy pictures.
    Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
    thanks for the info. I may get this. I want a quartz grab and go and have been looking at the Wenger 72800. Sometimes I can find it for cheaper than $80 but usually its around $100. This casio might be a good option. I am a little bummed it isnt 38mm but 40 isnt bad. Applied indices and sunburst dial at $80 is pretty darn good.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    876 Post(s)
    This doesn't really match anything so I have oddly not felt the need to change it in a few days. Like usually I say "oh, this watch doesn't match as well as it did yesterday, let me change it."

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk