Page 5 of 476 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What watch I wore today

TMann
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgfarb View Post
    My blue E-503 on the steel bracelet for today. I've been meaning to order a couple natos but haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I think that the blue model is my favorite of the EF503s. Are those still available?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Here is what I am traveling with. Timex weekender for when it's damn hot and I want light weight, casio mdv106 on hadley roma rubber strap for water activities, casio ef503 for the flight, dinner and drinks.

Love the strap on the MDV106. I have the same watch, still with the factory strap. What a difference the aftermarket strap makes on this piece
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog that red and white of the Tintin model really adds some pop to the face of the Speedy. Any idea what year your watch is? Just curious.

@mmgfarb Thanks for the kind words on the watch. I must confess after having looked for a long while and then finally pulling the trigger, I am very pleased with my watch, even more so now that I swapped out the original band for a leather one.
    Last edited by DocDave; July 21st, 2016 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    I think the Tintin came out in 2013/2014. I bought mine new about a year and a half ago. Not sure if they're still in production but I think you can still find them on the grey market.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by APinNC View Post
    Love the strap on the MDV106. I have the same watch, still with the factory strap. What a difference the aftermarket strap makes on this piece
    Thanks. It is way more comfortable too. I also swapped the bezel insert for a planet ocean insert. Two easy changes that make the watch a lot better.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

Apparently I only save snaps of my Speedy, so just a quick elevator snap of my SD4k, which dominates my wrist time, especially in the hot, humid summer. On the rare occasion I start wondering if I should have gotten something else as my first big boy watch, a glance down at my wrist alleviates it quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Wearing my Seiko 5 today

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    I think that the blue model is my favorite of the EF503s. Are those still available?
    It's definitely a looker although it is very hard to find. I got extremely lucky winning a bid on ebay for around $65 after shipping from China. The black is the easiest to find, white is harder and I would say the blue is a little bit harder to find than the white.

TMann
    I also swapped the bezel insert for a planet ocean insert.
    Interesting! There are bezel inserts for Casio watches? I know about the huge modding community for Seiko watches, but I didn't realize that people were making parts for Casios as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    Thanks. It is way more comfortable too. I also swapped the bezel insert for a planet ocean insert. Two easy changes that make the watch a lot better.
    Good idea on the bezel insert. I may do the same. I saw a few on Amazon; do you happen to have a link or specifications on the one that you used?

Thanks!
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski