Page 53 of 495 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: What watch I wore today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    I got an RHD deployant clasp for my non-OEM Hirsh Grand Duke ( http://www.hirschstraps.com/collecti...ch-strap-black ) that I got for my Speedy. These clasps are pretty well reviewed on WUS type places. So far I've found it to be pretty nice and a consistent closure. Just make sure you're ordering the right size (measuring for the size at the buckle end of the strap, not the end near the watch case), and it's easy to install. Link is here (janky website, but easy to order and Bob was quick to ship): http://www.mywatchmaker.net/deployantclasp.htm

Edit: A pic on Speedy Tuesday to show the clasp--

Thank you for this! I was just starting to shop for deployant clasps and you made the decision really easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I got an RHD deployant clasp for my non-OEM Hirsh Grand Duke ( http://www.hirschstraps.com/collecti...ch-strap-black ) that I got for my Speedy. These clasps are pretty well reviewed on WUS type places. So far I've found it to be pretty nice and a consistent closure. Just make sure you're ordering the right size (measuring for the size at the buckle end of the strap, not the end near the watch case), and it's easy to install. Link is here (janky website, but easy to order and Bob was quick to ship): http://www.mywatchmaker.net/deployantclasp.htm

Edit: A pic on Speedy Tuesday to show the clasp--

That watch-strap combo is still one of my favorites. How would you rate the comfort of the deployant? I've been looking to try one, but I have a skinny/small wrist and I've heard that deployants aren't all that great for guys like me...

Is there a difference between a double-fold/butterfly or a single-fold deployant? (in terms of comfort)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    971 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelpusher View Post
    Thank you for this! I was just starting to shop for deployant clasps and you made the decision really easy.
    Happy to help! I am rather pleased with the purchase--especially for the price (and the seller is a fellow WUS, not just some guy trying to make a quick buck, although I'm sure he turns a nice profit with the number of these he sells).

Quote Originally Posted by 07Rams View Post
    That watch-strap combo is still one of my favorites. How would you rate the comfort of the deployant? I've been looking to try one, but I have a skinny/small wrist and I've heard that deployants aren't all that great for guys like me...

Is there a difference between a double-fold/butterfly or a single-fold deployant? (in terms of comfort)
    I find it to be pretty comfortable myself. I have a rather large wrist, so I don't have much double-leather overlap left after I close the clasp, and I find the butterfly infinitely easier to close on my big wrist than a single-fold. It's somewhat difficult for me to speak toward how it'd be on a smaller wrist, but I think the butterfly would would better for a smaller wrist as well. Pure speculation, but assuming that the discomfort for smaller wristed folks comes from the metal at the bottom extending longer across than their wrist, I think the butterfly's solid metal that lays against your wrist would (I think) be smaller than the same on a single-fold. YMMV--I've never owned a single-fold (only tried one on), don't have a small wrist, etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 07Rams View Post

I have switched all my leather bands to butterfly deployants at this point. I just prefer the aesthetic, comfort and ease of putting them on. I tried a single clasp from RHD and the quality was fine, but it was not comfortable at all, which I attribute to my smaller wrists. I think he even says on his site that they won't work for a certain size wrist, but I forget what the cutoff was.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)
    SNDA57 on a Morellato cordura strap (narrows to 18mm at the buckle, which makes the watch infinitely more comfortable).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Happy to help! I am rather pleased with the purchase--especially for the price (and the seller is a fellow WUS, not just some guy trying to make a quick buck, although I'm sure he turns a nice profit with the number of these he sells).

I find it to be pretty comfortable myself. I have a rather large wrist, so I don't have much double-leather overlap left after I close the clasp, and I find the butterfly infinitely easier to close on my big wrist than a single-fold. It's somewhat difficult for me to speak toward how it'd be on a smaller wrist, but I think the butterfly would would better for a smaller wrist as well. Pure speculation, but assuming that the discomfort for smaller wristed folks comes from the metal at the bottom extending longer across than their wrist, I think the butterfly's solid metal that lays against your wrist would (I think) be smaller than the same on a single-fold. YMMV--I've never owned a single-fold (only tried one on), don't have a small wrist, etc.
    Awesome thank you so much!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quigleysr View Post
    I have switched all my leather bands to butterfly deployants at this point. I just prefer the aesthetic, comfort and ease of putting them on. I tried a single clasp from RHD and the quality was fine, but it was not comfortable at all, which I attribute to my smaller wrists. I think he even says on his site that they won't work for a certain size wrist, but I forget what the cutoff was.
    This was very helpful, thank you very much!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post

Went with the Rodina today. Haven't worn it in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice Watch DocDace, I break out mine regularly though, the version without any lettering though:

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)
    @Viralence I like the strap on your watch. I definitely need to upgrade the one on my watch.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Been a while since I posted here. Watch rotation has been primarily the GS since I got it. Just got this Christopher Ward in yesterday. Digging the red bezel.