Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 4742

Thread: What watch I wore today

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winters View Post

Any strap suggestions?

Big fan of the nato but looking to switch it up - current front runner is a black leather rally but having a hard time finding something with curved ends at a reasonable price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Erika's Originals MN strap or the Watch Steward version would be great options!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    Casio Diver with leather Barton strap, accompanied by a messy workspace in the background.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Hamilton reissue that my granddad got me about 30 years ago. And in the same box was the first watch he ever bought, the 1936 original Hammy!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    The sterile pilot build for a Monday...

^ @MediumTex, love that Hamilton!
    Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Erika's Originals MN strap or the Watch Steward version would be great options!
    Might have to pick up Erika’s Mirage MN, although the olive Original also looks pretty enticing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    Might have to pick up Erika’s Mirage MN, although the olive Original also looks pretty enticing.

@LesserBlackDog had the olive on his GS GMT on page 441 : https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...l=1#post312564
    Last edited by Nandyn; August 27th, 2019 at 01:29 AM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmacgas View Post
    I guess curiosity got the best of me. It's not exactly what I was expecting, a little more blingy than I would like for a tool watch, and I could have done with some AR coating, but I'll keep it for a while at least [IMGhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190825/2181226f4f1eb7c9fe353832dc940376.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    The lack of AR is annoying - more so on the date cyclops as it's usually reflecting light. A lot of that is meant to make it blingy on purpose. Rolex likes being shiny and attracting attention. I actually like the shininess of the bezel, etc as opposed to most other dive watches I've owned.

[IMGhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190825/d539a25014a395f49423ed0a210e72c2.jpg[/IMG]

Any strap suggestions?

Big fan of the nato but looking to switch it up - current front runner is a black leather rally but having a hard time finding something with curved ends at a reasonable price point.
    A Hirsch rally strap is pretty nice and looked really good on my speedy. The beauty of a Speedy is that pretty much any strap looks good on it.

Quote Originally Posted by halfmacgas View Post
    Eh nothing special. Watchrecon and reddit watch exchange, since I wanted the stainless steel 16610 and not the new ceramic sub. Got lucky to find one in exceptional shape for a 20 year old watch, with boxes and papers and all. Paid a ridiculous amount though, if I could have tried out the watch for a week beforehand I probably would have bought a different watch with the money. At least it'll be easy to flip if I end up going down that road. I think it looks better in pictures and it's overhyped by Rolex fanboys tbh

I love my Sub (same one the 16610) more than any other watch I own. I think the biggest thing Rolex gets right are the proportions. It's not too thick, not too wide, etc. I think they screwed up those proportions with the maxi-case which is why I sold my 6 digit and went to the 5 digit. It depends what you find important in a watch. For me reliability and proportions are at the top of the list and Rolex gets that right for me. There's lots of other things I don't like about Rolex like the waiting list games, etc which is why I'm glad I own my 1 Rolex and am done with the brand.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    I did finally create an Instagram account where I try to load an older watch pic in the mornings and a newer one later in the day if anyone wants to check it out.

https://www.instagram.com/married_with_watches/

Didn't realize how many Orients I went through back in the day.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I award you one million internet points for the name of your Insta account.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Threw this guy on a canvas today. Love the dial. This is one of the 2 watches I plan to keep forever