Page 352 of 469 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 4686

Thread: What watch I wore today

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lax101 View Post
    Interesting perspective--I've also never heard of the moonwatch/pro called the vanilla.

Was your issue with the FOIS mainly the lack of hesalite crystal? I always thought that the alpha hands were a nice touch on the FOIS. Any thoughts on the slightly reduced size (39-40mm versus 42mm)?
    Lol... I may have just made “vanilla” up, I of course just mean the “standard” Speedy Pro, not sapphire sandwich or LE or anything else.

The FOIS actually does not wear much smaller than the vanilla. Most of the size reduction is just from the removal of the crown guards. The crystal, bezel, and dial are all identical (or virtually identical) to the standard model. And the straight lugs give the impression of a long lug-to-lug length, though I don’t know how L2L actually compares on the two watches.

I didn’t care for the more sterile look/feel of the sapphire. The metal hands I could take or leave in their own right, but ultimately to me the all-white stick hands just look and feel more Speedmaster-y to me. It’s just part of the look. I also agree with @Vicious49 that the 19mm lugs were somewhat annoying in terms of strap versatility.
    Last edited by LesserBlackDog; January 3rd, 2019 at 01:40 PM.
    Ben

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Love me a roulette date wheel
    I tried figuring out what determines if a DateJust has a roulette date wheel or not. I've seen some various info but nothing that sounds like a concrete rule.

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I tried figuring out what determines if a DateJust has a roulette date wheel or not. I've seen some various info but nothing that sounds like a concrete rule.
    I guess it's just a

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

game of chance
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    On leather until I can resize the bracelet.

Having owned this watch in numerous iterations (Tintin, FOIS, vanilla) I will say at this point I think the vanilla is probably the best. Tintin is different and fun but the red made it a hard watch to pair with straps and changed the character of the watch (plus the dial color/texture was slightly different, darker black with more of a sheen to it). FOIS also had a bit of a different character to it with the polished metal hands and applied logo, plus the sapphire crystal gave more of a sterile overall appearance to the watch. To me the FOIS felt rather cold, and I never really bonded with it despite it being a very handsome piece.

The vanilla is in some ways the most boring at first glance but it’s just got that unmistakable “Moonwatch” look and presence to it - clean white stick hands and print, ever-so-slightly off-white lume, a multi-dimensional dial that is almost more charcoal than black, the bubbly acrylic crystal that gives the watch its vintage shape/presence and lends a certain gooey warmth to the dial.

I owned my Tintin for several years. Flipped the FOIS after barely 1-2 months. I think the vanilla is on track to stick around at least as long as the Tintin, perhaps longer.
    has been and likely always will be my favorite speedmaster.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

orient datejust as a placeholder until I can get the rolex...one day

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I think this is as concrete is its gonna get

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1441 Post(s)
    Wow. Lots of nice watches popping up in this thread. Must. Resist. Urge to purchase. Again...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    its been a bit since last time, baby grand seiko, i mean, SARB033 on some very overpriced hodinkee suede straps

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    Alpinist today.

Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
    Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kongmw View Post
    I think this is as concrete is its gonna get

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/RUIOl8G.jpg[/IMG
    I've seen this too but I've also read that it changes from year to year.