Page 335 of 467 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4667

Thread: What watch I wore today

  1. #3341
    Varsity Member minty007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    What's the deal with the Reverso? What's going on over there!
    Ha! It's just "reverso-ing" in that pic... flipping from the dial side to the caseback side (which, by design, protects the crystal when playing polo - or in my case, reaching deep in file drawers).
    Sent from my CONTROL shoe phone inside the Cone of Silence

  2. #3342
    Varsity Member Nandyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,094
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

  3. #3343
    Super Moderator DocDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    3,777
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1431 Post(s)
    The price of those "pepsi" GMT watches seems to be increasing too. I've had my eye on them on the WatchRecon website and over the past year or so the prices seem to have crept up. Not sure if it is a supply and demand thing or not.

    Also, as an aside my neighbour is coming up on his 25a. anniversary at the company he works for. All 25a. employees are entitled to order a Rolex. He decided to go for the Batman (his wife liked the colour). Thing is, the jewelry store came back and said they couldn't get anyway. The watch was unavailable. So they are looking in to a GMT with a black bezel.

    I did't realize there was such a watch shortage going on out there.

  4. #3344
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,636
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    The price of those "pepsi" GMT watches seems to be increasing too. I've had my eye on them on the WatchRecon website and over the past year or so the prices seem to have crept up. Not sure if it is a supply and demand thing or not.

    Also, as an aside my neighbour is coming up on his 25a. anniversary at the company he works for. All 25a. employees are entitled to order a Rolex. He decided to go for the Batman (his wife liked the colour). Thing is, the jewelry store came back and said they couldn't get anyway. The watch was unavailable. So they are looking in to a GMT with a black bezel.

    I did't realize there was such a watch shortage going on out there.
    thats a bummer. the batman is great looking.

  5. #3345
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    806
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    The price of those "pepsi" GMT watches seems to be increasing too. I've had my eye on them on the WatchRecon website and over the past year or so the prices seem to have crept up. Not sure if it is a supply and demand thing or not.

    Also, as an aside my neighbour is coming up on his 25a. anniversary at the company he works for. All 25a. employees are entitled to order a Rolex. He decided to go for the Batman (his wife liked the colour). Thing is, the jewelry store came back and said they couldn't get anyway. The watch was unavailable. So they are looking in to a GMT with a black bezel.

    I did't realize there was such a watch shortage going on out there.
    They figured out how to do the Pepsi on the ceramic bezel, so that could be another option for your friend. It won’t have the “charm” of the older version fading to pink, but I wouldn’t be embarrassed to wear the new version.

  6. #3346
    Varsity Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    1,559
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    502 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minty007 View Post
    Ha! It's just "reverso-ing" in that pic... flipping from the dial side to the caseback side (which, by design, protects the crystal when playing polo - or in my case, reaching deep in file drawers).
    Wow, I've never seen that on a watch before. Very cool!

  7. #3347
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)


    trying a khaki nato on my alpinist, much cheaper than the oyster bracelet I've been eyeing for it

  8. #3348
    Super Moderator LesserBlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,511
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2072 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    They figured out how to do the Pepsi on the ceramic bezel, so that could be another option for your friend. It won’t have the “charm” of the older version fading to pink, but I wouldn’t be embarrassed to wear the new version.
    Lolz. If he can’t find a Batman he’s definitely not going to find a stainless Pepsi. Those are marked up to about $18,000 when you can even find them from grey dealers... long waitlists from ADs.
    Ben

  9. #3349
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    806
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    264 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Lolz. If he can’t find a Batman he’s definitely not going to find a stainless Pepsi. Those are marked up to about $18,000 when you can even find them from grey dealers... long waitlists from ADs.
    I haven’t been looking at new Rolexes, so my info is only from their website. This is what I have my eye on for my next piece:

    http://www.watchbuys.com/store/pc/Si...trap-p2082.htm

  10. #3350
    Varsity Member Publius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Pacific Coast
    Posts
    184
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beautiful!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •