Page 327 of 475 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 4742

Thread: What watch I wore today

TMann
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Trying to decide if I will sell this one. It is so cool but sooooo big on me. #tinywristproblems

Silly question...is that the regular Seiko "Turtle"? Been looking at the "Mini Turtle" lately. Better size for us guys with small wrists.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2081 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    Silly question...is that the regular Seiko "Turtle"? Been looking at the "Mini Turtle" lately. Better size for us guys with small wrists.
    Yep, this is a standard Turtle... specifically the SRPA85, a Costco exclusive model (basically an SRP779 on bracelet).

The mini Turtle does not appeal to me. I don’t love the aesthetics and it lacks the historical design lineage of the real Turtle or even the SKX007 for that matter. Plus the crown at 3 o’clock looks like a pain, literally.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Yep, this is a standard Turtle... specifically the SRPA85, a Costco exclusive model (basically an SRP779 on bracelet).

The mini Turtle does not appeal to me. I don’t love the aesthetics and it lacks the historical design lineage of the real Turtle or even the SKX007 for that matter. Plus the crown at 3 o’clock looks like a pain, literally.
    3 oclock is a bummer. I wish they wouldnt have called it a mini turtle. It would be an interesting watch on its own right.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Picked this up thanks to the “Budget Non-Seiko/Orient/Timex Watches” thread (h/t @motosacto). I’ve been lusting after a Speedy for a while, but couldn’t justify the price to myself. This, for 1/10th of the price, fits what I was looking for. My only hesitation is it is about as big as I’d ever want to go for a watch. I’ll see how I adjust to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burban View Post
    Picked this up thanks to the “Budget Non-Seiko/Orient/Timex Watches” thread (h/t @motosacto). I’ve been lusting after a Speedy for a while, but couldn’t justify the price to myself. This, for 1/10th of the price, fits what I was looking for. My only hesitation is it is about as big as I’d ever want to go for a watch. I’ll see how I adjust to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a nice watch but honestly it does look too big on your wrist. But keep the watch, bulk your forearms/wrist to fit it!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    That's a nice watch but honestly it does look too big on your wrist. But keep the watch, bulk your forearms/wrist to fit it!
    I don’t think any amount of bulking is going to make a 45mm (52mm lug to lug!) watch look reasonable on him (or anyone.)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

My new Steinhart OVM 39.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1456 Post(s)
    Steinhart does make nice watches IMHO. Well done.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Thanks man. Yeah, I know they make homage watches and there is that whole conversation...but it was either going to be this or the Seiko SKX, and I liked the specs/looks on this watch better. I'm hoping to get a Speedmaster in the late Spring, so this will be my "beater" dive watch to accompany that. I'm the type of person that would never take a really nice dive watch (seamaster, submariner) near water :-)