Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 4819

Thread: What watch I wore today

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1135 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    @drocpsu Yeah they changed the tridents a bit, not to mention the ugly new logo

I would love to pickup another CWard sometime down the road but the logo pretty much kills the possibility of buying a new one.
    I don't mind the new trident so much but I agree on the logo. Old one was better.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Not a very dappered setting, but this shot shows how nice the lume is on the Seiko Sport 150. It's pretty blurry, but it really captures how bright the hands and markers are.
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1494 Post(s)
    Anyone able to post images of the old CW logos/watch face and the new side by side?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1135 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Anyone able to post images of the old CW logos/watch face and the new side by side?
    I don't own any but there are tons of images on Google. The old logo was the "Chr.Ward" towards the 12 position. New is "Christopher Ward" stacked at the 9.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    I think it's fairly easy to understand (even if you don't agree with) why people think winding a watch is a hassle. It's another task to do and takes 10-20 seconds out of their day. Many people don't mind spending that time and even enjoy it, but some care about convenience; they prefer quartz watches over mechanical because you don't need to wind your watch and you don't need to set the time nearly as often.
    Winding my Speedy on days I'm wearing it is not a 'hassle' at all nor does it take time out of my day. I usually wind it when I get to work and am waiting in the elevator or when I'm logging in to my laptop in the morning.

The issue with the manual wind is if you own multiple watches and you don't wear this one for a few days. Then i forget to manually wind it and end up having to reset the time next time I wear it.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1135 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Winding my Speedy on days I'm wearing it is not a 'hassle' at all nor does it take time out of my day. I usually wind it when I get to work and am waiting in the elevator or when I'm logging in to my laptop in the morning.

The issue with the manual wind is if you own multiple watches and you don't wear this one for a few days. Then i forget to manually wind it and end up having to reset the time next time I wear it.
    that happens on my autos too. I dont mind setting my watch most days but I have to admit that on some days I only pick from what is already set. Either an auto that still has power reserve or a quartz. I also avoid the day complication on autos if I can. I dont even do date if I can.
    Last edited by idvsego; March 8th, 2017 at 10:41 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    208 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Photos grabbed from Google and ChW's website.

Trident pros side by side

Trident vintage. Looks like this is actually the only one with the restyled trident, as well. They kept the sharper, more angular version on the pro.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1494 Post(s)
    Thanks @drocpsu. Annnd as luck would have it the super restrictive firewall at my work isn't allowing me to view the images. <sigh> looks like it'll have to wait until I get home tonight.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2099 Post(s)
    Bit of a long story.

Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Bit of a long story.

Wow! Is this replacing the green one or have you fallen down the Rolex rabbit hole?