Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this suit jacket fit?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    can you even put anything in the jacket pockets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    The sleeve length is actually the least bad thing about the fit here.

The jacket looks a full size too small on you in the shoulders and sleeves, and two sizes too small in the waist. Length-wise, the sleeves are only slightly too short but the torso is way too short. That, combined with the extremely high button stance, makes it look like you're wearing a woman's suit jacket to be honest.
    Why do you think the shoulders are too small? I felt like the shoulders were spot on ending right at my shoulder. What do you see?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)
    On this particular jacket, it wouldn't really be fruitful to question the advice of the multitude of posters in this thread, all with the same basic opinion. The best bet is to contact the seller, tell them you're very unhappy, and have it remade; at least one size larger. No one here is trying to hurt your feelings, but literally everything on that jacket is too small.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Sleeve length is absolutely perfect for my tastes. When a jacket's sleeves don't reveal any shirt cuff it looks like you're wearing a size too big or were too cheap to tailor them.
    I'd personally say sleeve length is still too short, even for more contemporary styling. There's a difference between showing a little cuff (about 1/4-1/2 inch) and showing some sleeve, which that jacket almost does,

Everything about that jacket looks like it was made for someone smaller than OP.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    I'd personally say sleeve length is still too short, even for more contemporary styling. There's a difference between showing a little cuff (about 1/4-1/2 inch) and showing some sleeve, which that jacket almost does,
    I don't think the sleeves are a significant concern. The sleeves look a little short to my eyes, but it's within the realm of accepted contemporary styling. A lot of SuitSupply's suits are styled with that much cuff shown: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits...tml?cgid=Suits

I think the entire torso is far too tight, and the shoulders are a bit tight. I'm not sure the jacket length is a problem, either. I can't tell how far down it comes in the back, but based on where it hits his hands it looks fine, if contemporary. If the torso fit, I think everything else would be acceptable, if not perfect. The chest/waist/hips are just too tight to make this wearable.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    I think the shoulders would look much better if the rest of the jacket wasn't suppressed so severely. The fit does have some things going for it -- to me the shoulder fit looks good and the high armholes are flattering, but then things fall apart from there. Also I'm not at all a fan of the lapel styles, which seem mis-matched to the extreme slim fit. I also think some of the negative feedback is that this style and fit looks like something appropriate for the runway or red carpet, not so much for an every day scenario which is what most of us are usually looking for. So I'd say it's a very fashion-forward design that fits somewhat too tightly, which is not a great combination for the Dappered crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Way too small. You need a size up. Honestly it doesn't look good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I like my jackets REALLY snug, but that's too tight. You should be able to get at least your hand in between the button jacket and your natural waist comfortably. Some people like as much as a closed fist worth of space. thats personal preference. The X that forming is a dead give away of it being too tight. Also, the button stance is too high. (seriously, its bad)

I'm ok with some flare opening south of the second button above the belt but that's too much.
    It looks like you were going with a very modern slim fit and went too far.

The shoulders look mostly ok, but I can't tell unless I see the back with your arms crossed in the front. They might be an inch short. Or not.
    Sleeve length is ok if you are going for ultra modern with a high armhole and plan on showing your cuffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    The sleeve length is passable. But the rest is uncomfortable to even look at. I would ask for a remake.
    Did you give body measurements or simply give them the finished measurements you wanted the jacket to be?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)