Thread: American Flag Swimsuit with specific specs?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)

American Flag Swimsuit with specific specs?

Hi there, I'm looking for American Flag swim trunks, but I need some fairly particular specifications.

Fit:

* Cut: Slim with a more narrow leg opening

* Inseam: 8.5 to 9.5 inseam

* Example: Think about the fit of Banana Republican Aiden shorts. If you're not familiar with those, think about Docker Alpha Slims, Levi 513, or GAP Lived-In Slim if they were cut into shorts with a 9 inseam.

Pattern:

American Flag. I really like the Chubbies pattern (below)

but their inseam is too short for me (thin legs + tall guy.) The more common, pattern is all stars on one leg and all stripes on the other - I don't like it quite as much, but I still do like it, and beggars can't be choosers, right?

Price
    Preferably under $50 - cheaper is obviously preferred.

Can anyone provide suggestions on where to find what I'm describing? Thanks!
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)
    I found these with a little googling. 6" inseam is a little longer than Chubbies, which are 3.5" IIRC.

http://www.rowdygentleman.com/produc...-swim-trunks-2

IMO you shouldn't be too focused on finding "slim fit" swim trunks, but just ones that fit well and are comfortable. My experience with swim trunks is that if the legs is too narrow, especially if it is also somewhat long, everything feels really constrictive and doesn't allow for comfort or range of motion.
    Ben

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Have you ever tried Chubbies swim trunks? The length is shorter, which may take a tiny bit of getting used to, but after you do they're rather fantastic. I find that the shorter length makes them a lot more comfortable (after you get over showing some thigh) and less restrictive. I'm 6'3 and wear them just fine, so shouldn't be too extreme on a 6'1 frame.

Their sizing is explained in the following: https://help.chubbiesshorts.com/hc/e...Originals-Swim

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2080 Post(s)
    These have the inseam you're looking for. But I agree with @hornsup84... give shorter swim trunks a shot if you haven't tried them already. You might be surprised at how much more comfortable they are (both for ease of movement, and for quick trying after getting wet) once you get over the initial self-consciousness of showing a little more leg. After years of wearing shorter swim trunks, I can't imagine going back to knee-length board shorts. All that wet fabric plastered to my skin... bleh.

https://www.hollisterco.com/shop/us/...ort-7448619_01

Ben

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    I appreciate the recommendations and I will take a look at the ones that seem to have the proper fit characteristics. At first glance, the ones posted are ones I've already looked into. The Hollister option is probably one of the frontrunners, but I'll need to see if I can remove that logo. Please keep the recommendations coming if you have more!

The following is something I've been meaning to writeup for a while - every single time I write about trying to find slim shorts/trunks with an 8" - 9" inseam, everyone seems to seems to think I'm wrong, uniformed, haven't considered the alternative, insecure or some such thing. I understand that for the most part people are just trying to be helpful, but it still gets a bit tiring. I've very carefully crafted my ideas about what works on me using a combination of extensive in-person testing, keeping an eye on trends, others' opinions of how things look on me, and years of being actively involved in the male style community. I've done the due diligence and much, much more.

Over the years I've tried to become very aware not only of how the trends are moving (I am well aware that shorts have been getting much shorter,) but also of what actually looks good on people (myself in particular.) My legs are skinny. I should do something about it, but I keep finding excuses or re-injuring my lower back when I do try.

Unfortunately, when you're a taller guy (anything above 6') and you have skinny legs, extra material on shorts starts billowing *very* quickly. It's an issue of proportions - a bunch of excess material around a massive quad isn't going to look like much excess material, competitively. Excess around a skinny leg is going to really accent just how skinny that leg is, it that's not a good look (I've actually crowed sourced that opinion... not just inside male fashion communities either.)

As far as inseam goes, if you're showing more thigh, you're going to attract more attention to your exposed legs. Again, skinny legs (especially skinny and undefined ones) aren't going to look very good with shorter inseams. This isn't just my opinion, this is the opinion of myself, friends, family, employees working in the various brick & mortar stores and so on. A much better look is to have the shorts/trunks hit about 3" - 5" above the knee. It's still an updated look because you're showing a bit of leg (even more when sitting) but you're not showing off your stick legs.
    My measurements, for context--> Body Type: Slim/Skinny |​ Weight: 175 lbs | Height: 6'1" | Neck: 16” | Chest: 40” | Waist: 33.5” | Shoulder: 18.75” | Sleeve: 35.5” | Bicep: 12.75” | Wrist: 6.75”