Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inherited Seamaster 300

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Looks awesome !!! That sea master is a classic in dive watch circles.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminado View Post
    @DocDave @Chadanth @Token @dpark @DMB @hockeysc23 @idvsego @drocpsu

Thank you guys for all the help! I took my watch to watch to Mr. Lee at 24 hour watch and clockworks in Arlington, Virginia, who did an incredible job. Even replaced the corroded spring-bar with an Omega component. As per your advice I didn't get it polished or anything, just serviced, and it looks incredible just having been lightly cleaned. I'd like to offer you all my deepest thanks for helping my inexperienced self do the best by this watch, and present a couple pictures of it on my wrist.

Looks great, wear it and enjoy it!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    Ah you're in my neighborhood (Springfield VA). Congrats on the watch. Maybe it's me but I'd replace the crystal and keep the original just incase. I don't know as much about keeping value for watches as nice as that but from a usability stance I think it's a tad bit hard to read (maybe the glare). Either way enjoy it! Great story, history, and watch.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Ah you're in my neighborhood (Springfield VA). Congrats on the watch. Maybe it's me but I'd replace the crystal and keep the original just incase. I don't know as much about keeping value for watches as nice as that but from a usability stance I think it's a tad bit hard to read (maybe the glare). Either way enjoy it! Great story, history, and watch.
    It is the glare! It actually reads really nicely, but it photographed better this way! I'll keep that in mind though.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1436 Post(s)
    Beautiful watch and thanks for posting the pics. From what I can see in the pictures, I'd leave the watch as is; maybe switch out the band for a leather strap. But aside from that, the watch looks pretty damn good to me. Thanks for sharing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    “Automatic” is just another term for “self-winding”, meaning the watch winds itself using a weight inside the watch that oscillates to put tension on the mainspring through the random motion of the watch wearer’s arm. Batteries not included — or needed."

-Gear Patrol http://gearpatrol.com/2014/04/01/how...movement-work/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    @whereismurder
    Cleared up! Thanks bud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I'm late to the party (new to the forum) but that is a acrylic crystal similar to whats found on the Speedmaster Pro's so you can gently polish it with some polywatch and it should look like new. If you're worried about getting crazy you can tape off the bezel before you polish.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I'm late to the party (new to the forum) but that is a acrylic crystal similar to whats found on the Speedmaster Pro's so you can gently polish it with some polywatch and it should look like new. If you're worried about getting crazy you can tape off the bezel before you polish.
    Thanks man! I'll look into that.
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.