Thread: J crew vs J crew factory pants

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

J crew vs J crew factory pants

Hey all, looking at the dress pants on both sites there are many that appear very similar to me. I am curious if anyone has experience on the quality of JC vs JCF pants specifically. A substantial price difference, but is the extra cost of JC worth it?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmestrad View Post
    Hey all, looking at the dress pants on both sites there are many that appear very similar to me. I am curious if anyone has experience on the quality of JC vs JCF pants specifically. A substantial price difference, but is the extra cost of JC worth it?
    Fabric quality and QC levels are higher with J Crew vs JCF options, especially if you're looking for wool pants. Are you comparing JC Bowery to JCF Bedford options?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    Fabric quality and QC levels are higher with J Crew vs JCF options, especially if you're looking for wool pants. Are you comparing JC Bowery to JCF Bedford options?
    that, pretty much. different weights of fabric, different stitching, that kind of thing. I have the J crew factory and like them well enough for the money I paid on sale.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    165 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerpenguin View Post
    I agree with this. Also, I have found that JCF pants seem to be a little shorter in the leg and wider in the waist compared to J Crew pants marked as the same size. J Crew pants with a 34 inch inseam usually fit me perfectly, while JCF pants with a 34 inch inseam are about an inch too short. I feel like the JCF pant I have were a good deal for the price (less than $35 a pair), but due to the better fit (for my body type), higher quality materials, and better construction I usually try to get J Crew pants when they run a sale or a pair i like hits the clearance section.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me27 View Post
    I agree with this. Also, I have found that JCF pants seem to be a little shorter in the leg and wider in the waist compared to J Crew pants marked as the same size. J Crew pants with a 34 inch inseam usually fit me perfectly, while JCF pants with a 34 inch inseam are about an inch too short. I feel like the JCF pant I have were a good deal for the price (less than $35 a pair), but due to the better fit (for my body type), higher quality materials, and better construction I usually try to get J Crew pants when they run a sale or a pair i like hits the clearance section.
    Yep. I ordered a few Bedford pants a while back and not a single pair fit like the others -- inseam length in particular was all over the place, almost like +/- 1.5" was the acceptable standard. Of the pair I kept and had tailored, the stitching around the pockets and crotch started falling apart after a few months. Some will rave about JCF, and that's fine, but at a certain point the money you save might not be worth it because of the variable quality and extra tailoring required if you're particular.