Thread: wore a cheap tuxedo last night

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)

wore a cheap tuxedo last night

And it rocked.

Black tie optional wedding. I was reluctant to wear my tuxedo because I thought few other people would, and I'd get mistaken for a waiter. But my wife pushed me to, and about 1/5 of the male guests were in tuxes, so that was a good call.

Tommy Hilfiger tuxedo. Fairly plain CT Shirts tuxedo shirt (regular (not wing) collar and no pleats on front). Cufflinks, shirt studs, tie and cummerbund from Fine and Dandy Shop. "Inappropriate" shoes - open lace, bicycle toe Gillums by Johnston and Murphy; I still think these looks good - the shape is really elegant.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JT10000 View Post
    And it rocked.

Black tie optional wedding. I was reluctant to wear my tuxedo because I thought few other people would, and I'd get mistaken for a waiter. But my wife pushed me to, and about 1/5 of the male guests were in tuxes, so that was a good call.

Tommy Hilfiger tuxedo. Fairly plain CT Shirts tuxedo shirt (regular (not wing) collar and no pleats on front). Cufflinks, shirt studs, tie and cummerbund from Fine and Dandy Shop. "Inappropriate" shoes - open lace, bicycle toe Gillums by Johnston and Murphy; I still think these looks good - the shape is really elegant.
    Nice, pics?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Depending on the occasion, this is a fabulous idea. The most fun I ever had at a wedding was one I attended in a thrift shop three-piece navy suit. I might have spent eight dollars on it, if even. The fit was close enough to good, and the material looked good (from a distance). It wasn't a particularly formal affair, more on the dress casual side despite the stated dress code being dress attire, so I was one of the better dressed people in the room, and didn't give a damn what happened to my suit. I danced to my heart's content, and didn't care in the slightest when someone spilled a drink on me. It was a blast. Sadly this was my pre-facebook days, so the pictures are lost to the mists of time. It's amazing how much fun you can have when you're not worried about ruining a treasured suit.