Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do you guys think of navy suede shoes?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    My navy suede JCrew bucks don't get much wear. They look cool, but it makes me look too blue.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Navy isn't a synonym for blue! These are shoes that shouldn't be stepped on: http://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/me...1=Blue&start=1.

Incidentally, BR suede navy shoes tend to be a lot darker than J. Crew's suede navy ones. BR's navy is really midnight, i.e. all but indistinguishable from black, at least in artificial light. J. Crew's Kenton and Ludlow navy suede is more of a true navy, i.e. very dark blue but still clearly blue. The Cavanaugh seems to me also a true navy. AE's blue leather shoes are sold as navy, but don't even seem to me to be as dark as that. I'd say they're just a medium/dark blue. Take a look at the Strandmok for an example: the burnished toe is navy, the rest of the shoe is not. The Neumok is, I think, made with the same leather as the Strandmok, but the Neumok is sold as "blue distressed" leather, not navy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha King View Post
    badum-dum! it took 9 replies! Step your game up Dappered Threads.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Love my navy suede wing tips! While mainly get worn in spring/summer, like LBD I get 4 season use out of them no problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk