Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what do you guys think of navy suede shoes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)

what do you guys think of navy suede shoes?

I was all set to buy some AE Cavanaughs in navy suede and I hesitated... I think they would be fine summer shoes with light pants and jeans, but they are not going to be workhorses. Would a tan buck be a better choice that a blue loafer? brown suede chukkas? I want to buy some suede shoes but I want something that I can wear with a little more regularity.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    I get quite a lot of wear out of my J.Crew blue suede wingtips. But I wear a lot of business casual with light-colored chinos (white, khaki, grey). I don't just wear them in summer, either. I bought mine late last summer and wore them through fall and on milder winter days, too.

If you are worried about wearability, something in snuff or chocolate suede would be less unusual, draw less attention, and therefore be easier to wear on a daily basis.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    730 Post(s)
    wear mine all the time...but not quite as versatile as brown. my only concern with it is that it often means i have too much blue in my outfit.

http://imgur.com/ixMoEQm

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    257 Post(s)
    IMO the most versatile suede is a chocolate suede Strand/McAllister type oxford or long-wing blucher depending on how often you wear a suit and your personal feelings about bluchers with suits or oxfords with jeans. For anything between those 2 extremes, either shoe works just fine.

I do love my blue suede wholecuts but they're limited IMO to creased chinos and up and best with grey.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I have a pair of navy suede bucs and chukkas that I wear frequently with light chinos, and sometimes with cuffed jeans. They definitely aren't as versatile as brown due to the amount of blue in mens clothing, but I like them and get compliments all the time.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Own the j crew kenton bucks. They get use with light chinos in the spring and summer. Love em.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    I am planning on buying a few pairs of linen pants and using them as my summer "uniform." I hate wearing shorts and it gets pretty hot and humid in Indiana.

I think that the informality of loafers naturally match up with linen, so I think I may go ahead and pull the trigger on those Cavanaughs. I might not get much use out of them at the office, but I could see myself wearing them quite a bit in social situations.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    I have the J. Crew Kenton wingtips in navy suede. I like them, but I do prefer my dark brown BR suede bucks. I think brown might have a bit more depth.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Don't step on 'em

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Don't step on 'em
    badum-dum! it took 9 replies! Step your game up Dappered Threads.