Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The diet and exercise thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    I'll throw my hat in for Chucks here, as well. Should be able to find a pair online some where for like $30-40.
    It's Marshalls, so obviously stock will vary store-to-store, but was just in one in CNJ this morning, and they had Chucks for $30 (no white--blue, grey and random weird colors). Larger sizes (> 11) were on the discount rack for $24. I typically see them closer to $40 online.

Also, they might have picked up some of Sports Authority's going out of business stock, because they had a ton of Nike and Under Armour trainers and running shoes for $20-$40. All lower end/one-off stuff, but good enough for the weight room at $20. Also had a ton of soccer and baseball cleats for $14-$20 if you have kids. It was by far the largest athletic shoe selection I've ever seen in this particular store.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I do Yoga and I try to cut off sugar from my diet but load up on protein. I also do the annual Bondi to Bronte Swim (not sure if anyone else is familiar with this) so I basically swim a lot yearround to prepare for that.
    Don't be afraid of dressing up...please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I've lost almost 140 lbs. in about a year. I cut out fast food, sodas and I drink a lot more water. Fro exercise I mainly walk my dog who likes going on long walks, which usually last -1-2 hours so I easily walk 3-4 hours a day.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by misterm View Post
    I've lost almost 140 lbs. in about a year. I cut out fast food, sodas and I drink a lot more water. Fro exercise I mainly walk my dog who likes going on long walks, which usually last -1-2 hours so I easily walk 3-4 hours a day.
    Congrats on the weight loss! Goes to show how important diet is. I got a puppy at the start of the summer and the little guy really tires me out, love every second of it though

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2073 Post(s)
    I realized a few weeks ago that I've probably been undereating, and forcing my body into low-grade starvation/fat retention mode, potentially for quite a long time. I bumped my caloric intake up by 500-800 calories per day, making sure to get ~150g of protein, ~40g of fiber, and no more than 25g of sugar per day, and have lost about 3 lbs over the past couple weeks. Plus I feel better and have more energy for my workouts (weightlifting 5x and HIIT 3-4x per week).

Kinda fun to be able to eat ALL the things....
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I realized a few weeks ago that I've probably been undereating, and forcing my body into low-grade starvation/fat retention mode, potentially for quite a long time. I bumped my caloric intake up by 500-800 calories per day, making sure to get ~150g of protein, ~40g of fiber, and no more than 25g of sugar per day, and have lost about 3 lbs over the past couple weeks. Plus I feel better and have more energy for my workouts (weightlifting 5x and HIIT 3-4x per week).

Kinda fun to be able to eat ALL the things....
    Good job. I ate a deficit doing a similar routine a few years back and stopped losing weight even at 1800 kcal per day at 154 lbs. I basically destroyed my metabolism. Now I can eat 3,000 kcal a day and maintain my weight at 175 lbs even without HIIT.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    I want to be 175 lbs again lol..I spent the last 2 and a half months doing back to back Smolov Jr routines for bench, and eating everything I see. Now that I hit my goal bench, I need to cut again, and lose the 10 lbs I gained from this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    You did it right. Eat big to get big. And you need to get big to get your bench up. I just .. don't want to be overweight again so I am taking it sloowwwwly. My bench sucks (285 at 175lbs) compared to my squat and dl (435 sq, 545 dl). Came from 190 solid lard when I was a youngn so I don't wanna go back.

My goal bench is 315.. sweet, sweet 3 plates..

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Y'all are on seriously different levels than I am. I don't have time (or the motivation) to work out as much these days, so my goal as of late is to just get there a couple times a week and work on anything that I feel like. If that means I'm using 55/60 dumbbells for bench and focusing on slow reps, so be it. Now that the summer is winding up, I'm hoping I'll be in the gym more (as opposed to outside doing drinking-related things) and get back to more of a routine to start building back up. My girlfriend also re-committed to eating better and brought over her vitamix to my apartment, so I'm excited for getting some more home cooked meals in (and better shakes than my usual blender ball almond milk & protein powder ones).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Prioritize the eating better. Much easier to keep your intake low than to work out and burn off excess calories.

Working out has the benefit of allowing you to eat more before you gain weight.