Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Regarding CT shirts ESF

  1. #1
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

    Regarding CT shirts ESF

    Hey all,

    I have recently found that the CT shirts ESF 15.5 inch neck fit me very well in the dress shirts. My question, however, is with the casual button downs they sell. They are still listed in ESF, though the sizing is now S,M,L,etc. The size M states a neck size of 15.5, however, the measurements listed on the site show a significantly larger chest area on the shirt. I was just curious if anyone had any direct experience with the sizing of the dress shirts versus the casual shirts in ESF, as I know that you cannot always trust online measurements. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    I wear a 16.5 neck ESF which is a honestly too big in the chest/waist (would go smaller if I didn't have to wear a tie). The medium casual shirts fit me very well, so it should fit you as well also. I'm 5'9" 165.

  3. #3
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allysan1027 View Post
    I wear a 16.5 neck ESF which is a honestly too big in the chest/waist (would go smaller if I didn't have to wear a tie). The medium casual shirts fit me very well, so it should fit you as well also. I'm 5'9" 165.
    Thanks for the reply! Does the medium neck fit you? On the site it states 15.5, which I imagine would be too small for you then?

  4. #4
    Varsity Member Boys Husky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    I have CT Medium ESF casual shirts and I believe my CT dress shirts are a 15.5 ESF. Due to a job change, I don't wear the dress shirts frequently, but I remember them fitting very similarly.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmestrad View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Does the medium neck fit you? On the site it states 15.5, which I imagine would be too small for you then?
    Yeah probably too tight, but I never button them up all the way so I don't mind.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I'm in between a 15 and 15.5 for CT ESF, 15 is a little tight in the chest, but 15.5 is a little to big everywhere else. I go with small for the casual and it fits me better than either of those fits. I haven't tried buttoning up the top button on a small, but if it's a casual shirt, you generally wouldn't have to.
    5'8" 160lbs.

  7. #7
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttysonmcneely View Post
    I'm in between a 15 and 15.5 for CT ESF, 15 is a little tight in the chest, but 15.5 is a little to big everywhere else. I go with small for the casual and it fits me better than either of those fits. I haven't tried buttoning up the top button on a small, but if it's a casual shirt, you generally wouldn't have to.
    5'8" 160lbs.
    Hm...
    Sounds like maybe I should lean toward a medium, though seems like I will likely fall inbetween small and medium. I am 5'10, 175-180, though wear a 39 jacket and 31-32 pants. Maybe I will try the medium and see how it works with the thought that I will return if not satisfied.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    frustrates the heck out of me that they don't make the white/light blue button down collar shirt in ESF

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pmestrad View Post
    Hey all,

    I have recently found that the CT shirts ESF 15.5 inch neck fit me very well in the dress shirts. My question, however, is with the casual button downs they sell. They are still listed in ESF, though the sizing is now S,M,L,etc. The size M states a neck size of 15.5, however, the measurements listed on the site show a significantly larger chest area on the shirt. I was just curious if anyone had any direct experience with the sizing of the dress shirts versus the casual shirts in ESF, as I know that you cannot always trust online measurements. Thanks!
    I have tried both. I own several 15.5x33 in the ESF dress shirts in the older cut (probably my best fitting shirts), but the newer cut is a little too tight in the arms and chest and no longer buy them. I also own several M ESF sport shirts. I would say there is some slight inconsistency in sizing, but as a general rule the sport shirts are slightly larger in the arms and chest than the new cut dress shirts and closer to the old cut dress shirt. The sleeve length on the sport shirt is about 34 inches (if I were to guess). I have returned 2-3 of the sport shirts however, because they were too tight in the chest. They were from various seasons, so I just think there is variability in sizes either among the different styles themselves or from shirt to shirt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •