Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need slim+tapered chino suggestions, 100% cotton, not too dressy, <$60

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I have the slim fit chinos from bonobos and I will confirmed that they have very low rise and very unhappy with the navy chino as it was discolored with one washed. Combatant gentlemen they have decent rise but they didn't last one season and button came off after 2 wears, very cheap but are very comfortable . Unfortunatly most chinos have low rise that the reason I'm leaning more towards travelers jeans for summer wear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    I would also caution against the Bonobos chinos if you haven't tried JCF or J Crew before. I ventured outside of my familiar favorite JCF Sutton fit and was extremely disappointed that not even the straight fit from Bonobos fit my thunder thighs and butt (thanks high school shot put), so if you've got any meat on your bones, forget it. I'd say the urban slim (770 I believe?) is a bit tighter than the Sutton fit. Quality is good too, my Suttons from 2 years ago show no signs of wear and tear at all. There's a decent rise to the Suttons too, definitely more so than the 770s.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    BR Aiden have pretty decent rise. I wear 36 and the front rise measures to about 11 inches. I agree though that color selection is abysmal.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skewl View Post
    I would also caution against the Bonobos chinos if you haven't tried JCF or J Crew before. I ventured outside of my familiar favorite JCF Sutton fit and was extremely disappointed that not even the straight fit from Bonobos fit my thunder thighs and butt (thanks high school shot put), so if you've got any meat on your bones, forget it. I'd say the urban slim (770 I believe?) is a bit tighter than the Sutton fit. Quality is good too, my Suttons from 2 years ago show no signs of wear and tear at all. There's a decent rise to the Suttons too, definitely more so than the 770s.
    I have three pair of JCF Suttons which fit me fairly well. I just tried on some 770's and they felt painted on. I could hardly get my calves through the opening. I am a runner and did a lot of Crossfit so despite being 6'2" at 190 lbs, a lot is in my thighs. Bowery Classic in 32x32 fit me great. Anything slimmer is a no go. I will stick to the Suttons as I am quite happy with them.
    Last edited by Rpd362; May 29th, 2016 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Spelling errors