Thread: Sunday Challenge 3/27/16 - Spring Pastels

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)

Sunday Challenge 3/27/16 - Spring Pastels

Clocks sprang forward two weeks ago, last Sunday was the first official day of spring, and Easter is coming up this weekend for those who observe it. Whether your weather has turned spring-like or not, this week's challenge is to show off your best outfit utilizing springy, pastel colors. Time to bust out your lavenders, butter yellows, baby blues, pinks, mint greens.

Boilerplate:

•Entries recorded Sunday night, voting begins then or Monday morning
    •Winner declared on Tuesday/Wednesday
    •Winner is responsible for next week's theme
    •To help out the next winner, please consider posting challenge theme ideas along with your entry

Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Thank You Easter Bunny!

Suit: J.Crew Ludlow Jacket / JCF Thompson Pants (broken rule mix & match)
    Shirt: Thomas Pink
    Tie: Lauren
    Belt: CK
    Shoes: Vintage Bostonian (e-thrifted shell resoled)

Recommendation for next weeks challenge: Streetwear, since I'm trying to up my own game. It can be hipster, punk rock, urban, New England preppy, etc. LA casual or NYC edgy. Whatever your own personal style is. Only caveat is no suits, sports coats, blazers, or ties. Lets see what you rock when it's a casual Saturday on the street. You want to look good, but not done up.
    Last edited by connersw; March 27th, 2016 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Well, dammit. It's just now occurred to me that I absolutely dropped the ball on this. So, I guess that means it's a two-weeker. More time for more entries - get 'em in fellers!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    I wanted to try for this but closest thing I have is pale purple oxford shirt, but it's packed away in the winter bins cause summer sweat is too visible on it.

A thought for the next challenge- can anyone pull off shirts darker than their tie?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Bump. Are the challenges not happening any more?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    Bump. Are the challenges not happening any more?
    Participation was waning and I was getting a little tired of trying to keep them going, so I opted to quietly let them sort of die. Nobody seemed to notice for the last month, so I think it was the right call. If there's a clamor for restarting them sometime down the line, maybe we can, but for now I think it's best to just sort of let them remain dormant.

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Haha I wore the same thing today.

Shirt: BB
    Jacket: Land's End Canvas (sigh)
    Tie: Indochino

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    Participation was waning and I was getting a little tired of trying to keep them going, so I opted to quietly let them sort of die. Nobody seemed to notice for the last month, so I think it was the right call. If there's a clamor for restarting them sometime down the line, maybe we can, but for now I think it's best to just sort of let them remain dormant.
    That's kind of a bummer. I definitely noticed, but I wasn't going to say anything. I get your point on lack of participation though, and really that is the bigger issue than just no longer doing Sunday challenges. There appears to be a rather vocal contingent that likes to give advice (some of which is not always on point), but never post any fits of their own. Granted, they don't post in the WIWT thread either, but maybe if there was some small incentive for the challenges, it would encourage better participation over all. At this point, I'm really visiting forums for inspiration, and there doesn't appear to be much of it here outside of less than a handful of people.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomas View Post
    Roger that.

Also, welcome to LA. Noticed the location change. Hope you're settling in nicely.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    Roger that.

Also, welcome to LA. Noticed the location change. Hope you're settling in nicely.
    Thanks! It's been a tougher transition than I expected, actually (especially with the wife and kids still in Brooklyn until the end of the school year), but I'm making it work.