http://dappered.com/2016/04/in-revie...monk-cap-toes/

Only small sizes left...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MNJ83 View Post
    ...I have always perceived them not just as a seasonal shoe, but an actual cold weather shoe...
    Even suede desert boots? ;-)

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MNJ83 View Post
    I agree with @Scofield ...I see them as a niche shoe. And living in south Texas it seems like the equivalent of a woman who owns a fur coat over here. I know some guys wear suede year round, but I have always perceived them not just as a seasonal shoe, but an actual cold weather shoe, which rarely happens here
    I'm in Houston too and I wear my suede shoes a lot. Why would you think of them as a cold weather shoe? They aren't any warmer than leather. Quite a few of my suede shoes are unlined so they are better for the Houston heat than my leather shoes. Unlined leather usually doesn't end up looking as good over time as unlined suede.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    I also live in hot climate, and my dark brown suede chukkas (not desert boots) are probably the most versatile footwear I own for casual to professional casual purposes. I have had problems with lighter colorr suede staining and discoloring (which shampoo, erasers, etc. can't get out), so I tend to go with darker colors. Not crazy about suede shoes, but that's just a personal preference.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    not to get off topic but blue suede is actually extremely versatile. i wear a ton of gray pants (the personal uniform), so i wear these...with everything. gray jeans, gray chinos, gray wool trousers. they're a bit like a black captoe without being so boring. they actually blend in pretty well, haven't received one comment on them at work (that's a good thing!) while in bright sunlight they're beautiful to look at (really couldn't capture it properly in natural light despite all my attempts). as for outfits, i like to wear them with navy blazers (for a very uniform look) or use them as a good way to inject blue into my outfits when i'm NOT wearing a blue blazer (rare). so for example, blue suede shoes, gray pants, white shirt, brown blazer.

filtered to hell, but these e are the only pics i have of them:
    http://i.imgur.com/ixMoEQm.jpg
    I second this. I'm actually wearing blue suede bucks and grey chinos as i type this. Really the only thing the DON'T pair well with is dark wash blue jeans.

TMann
    How 'bout some pics of everyone's favorite suede shoes?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    despite making this topic, this will be my next shoe purchase: http://www.carminashoemaker.us/mens-...oe-suede-80406

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    despite making this topic, this will be my next shoe purchase: http://www.carminashoemaker.us/mens-...oe-suede-80406
    They got you with that US site, didn't they?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    They got you with that US site, didn't they?
    pretty much. only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger is the 45 day wait while it's in production. there was 1 left when it was on the euro site, but between then and the switch to the us site, it was sold. not fond of plunking down $450 (most i would have ever spent on shoes btw) and then having to wait a month and a half to even try them on...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Allen Edmonds has made two suede PTBs that I really like, both custom for Lands End and Club Monaco.

Leeds in sand suede for CM:

Stewart blue suede for LE: