Thread: J Crew Summer weight Ludlows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

J Crew Summer weight Ludlows

Hey everybody,

I was just considering taking the plunge on one of J Crew's new summer weight sport coats. Anybody have one yet? I was wondering what the fabric composition is. The description says cotton/linen online but I haven't been able to find out how much of either is there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scohan View Post
    Hey everybody,

I was just considering taking the plunge on one of J Crew's new summer weight sport coats. Anybody have one yet? I was wondering what the fabric composition is. The description says cotton/linen online but I haven't been able to find out how much of either is there.
    Email J.Crew or contact a rep via chat. They're always forthcoming with that information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Schoan, I was thinking the same too. Anyone try out their un-constructed coats yet ?
    Cheers!
    Singham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered one yesterday and improbably received it today. It's 80% cotton and 20% linen. Lining (sleeves only) is 52% viscose and 48% polyester.

I have a Ludlow and several Factory Thompsons in the same size (34S) as this summerweight blazer, but this blazer feels shorter and snugger. When I fold my arms I feel like I'm going to Hulk the blazer apart, but that may be partly due to friction caused by the lack of a lining.

I got the black/white fine stripe. I expected it to be darker in person than as shown on the site, as seems to be the case with everything gray, but it happens to look just like in the photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Wow that's some fast shipping. Thanks for the details!